Duckling poo is white

LegbarMama

Songster
Mar 17, 2021
My ducklings are about a week and a half and have started having a lot of white droppings. I'm feeding 20% chick starter and I add nutritional yeast. The only thing that has changed the last few days is I have been letting them play in a couple of inches of water a few times a day. Is the white from drinking a lot of water? Or eating the poo while playing in water?

Birds and reptiles do not make yellow urea or urine like we do. Instead, they make uric acid which takes less water. When uric acid mixes with water it makes a white paste. Birds only have one opening out so pee (the white) and poop (the brown), come out seperate or mixed together. All that to say, perfectly normal!

Birds and reptiles do not make yellow urea or urine like we do. Instead, they make uric acid which takes less water. When uric acid mixes with water it makes a white paste. Birds only have one opening out so pee (the white) and poop (the brown), come out seperate or mixed together. All that to say, perfectly normal!
OK thank you!! I was starting to get worried.

Back
Top Bottom