Ducks and Geese Disappearing

Be forewarned If you kill a coyote the females in the pack will go in heat and have more cubs.The killing cycle can end with you protecting your flock better so predators have no reason to keep coming...

I don't know much about keeping ducks and geese, but I do like to build things. So I remembered this awesome build of a floating coop or duck house. If your ducks and geese are difficult to get into their land-lubber coop, would something like this protect them, if your pond is large enough?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/first-diy-floating-duck-house.1243027/
I don’t know if I can’t afford to build that right now but I’ll definitely consider something like that. Thank you!

Well, it wouldn't have to be so fancy. If you do a search here, there are probably much less expensive versions people have built.
Sorry I didn’t word that the best. I meant I would look into less expensive options

I don’t have any at the moment but it’s totally secure. The only possible concern is the chicken wire windows at the top half but I have another roll of chicken wire I wrap around the coop after they’re in there for an extra layer of protection so a raccoon or something can’t try to tear it up or stick their arms through. I hook it so it stays in place. There’s even a padlock on the door so there’s no way a raccoon can get in lol
Okay. I just see gaps and plywood. So be aware that determined predators can rip apart the structure at the joints and dig/chew through the plywood.

Back
Top Bottom