Ducks and gosling attacked

The gosling is doing really well. The little bugger is as energetic as ever and keeps trying to run around so we put him in the tub to keep him entertained while keeping him off of his foot. We're still not 100% sure what's wrong with it. He's also eating and drinking normally. The wound on his thigh scabbed up nicely as well and looks much better than it did at first. The drake's wing is still the same. He still tries to flap it, but not as much as he was initially. He's still eating and drinking normally. He did, however, start to let his wing droop lower and closer to the ground before lifting it back up to where it currently sits.
__
And it's ok, you couldn't have known. I'm starting to think that she might've had some internal damage or damage to a part of her spine and that's why her health declined so quickly.
You probably should wrap the drakes wing using vet wrap.

The gosling still has a slight limp but can walk, swim, and move around, though he lags behind a bit. I think the drake's wing is either completely healed or at least mostly healed, because he's able to move and use it as if the incident never happened. All in all, they're both recovering nicely :)

The gosling still has a slight limp but can walk, swim, and move around, though he lags behind a bit. I think the drake's wing is either completely healed or at least mostly healed, because he's able to move and use it as if the incident never happened. All in all, they're both recovering nicely :)
Good to hear!

She was probably shaken and had a spine injury. I had dogs kill ten of my hens ad both drakes after tearing down the electric fence. Some of them had shake injuries like you describe. I'm so sorry, we do everything to try to keep them safe and sometimes we still get out foxed. Sounds like your others will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom