ducks living with chickens

whisner00

Chirping
11 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Hi Everyone, I have another question regarding my ducks and chickens. Both roam the yard from morning until dark and I was wondering if when they go in the pen at night if they all can share one pen or if I need to keep the ducks separated from the chickes? Thanks!

The woman I bought all my call ducks from has chickens, ducks, guinea, peafowl and turkeys all sharing houses and pens together.

Myself though, I prefer to house the ducks and chickens separate although they do all free range together during the day

Last edited:
Mine stay together.
smile.png
They get along quite well. My little RIR thinks that he is a duck. lol

Mine live happily together all ducks, quinneas and chickens. My last hatching only had 1 duckling so the duckling lives with the 14 chicks. No problems whatsoever.

My 2 pekins were fine with the 4 chickens from day 1 until..........the pekin drake matured and started mating with everyone...which is very physically dangerous for male ducks to mate with hens....so now I am busy building yet another coop for the ducks and have 2 more female ducklings in the brooder upstairs.

Myra

I have nine chickens and four ducks all new this year. They stay together with no problems at all. Hopefully that will continue!

Back
Top Bottom