Ducks!! Mallard/rouen male/female help?!

Hmmm.... I'll pay more attention to their quack. They mostly mumble as I call it. Just little noises, not full quacks. Unless I'm not around and they are looking for me. They've out grown their whistle , calling for me. So when they do quack...(duck for, "mum! Where are you?") I'm not around to see it. 🤷‍♀️
Mine mumble as well, if you watch a video on the difference between a male and female quack, it’s easy to tell. How old are they? Did they just get their feathers or are those adult feathers? My females will sometimes quack loudly if they’re looking for their friends or excited, so maybe just listen, but even if they’re just mumbling females are typically louder.

Hi there! Just curious what sex they ended up being. If i had to guess, they are both male..only b/c of the deep green bills in your pictures. I just got a rouen and think male. Estimating he is around 5-6 weeks old and not fully feathered.

Attachments

• Rowen.jpg
    Rowen.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Hi there! Just curious what sex they ended up being. If i had to guess, they are both male..only b/c of the deep green bills in your pictures. I just got a rouen and think male. Estimating he is around 5-6 weeks old and not fully feathered.

Attachments

• Rowen.jpg
    Rowen.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
That green bill surely looks like a Drake to me. All of my Mallard or Mallard Rouen mixes with the olive green bills were Drakes. They all got their gray bellies first and the Drake curl in the last feather by the end of their tails last. It surely is a pretty one.

Back
Top Bottom