Ducks

Mar 25, 2018
My 3 week ducking has a lump on his neck they eat and drink fine one duck likes to eat siting down , she walks like shes drunk her feet go inward when she walks w hen she lays down her feet always go out as if shes stretching and she has diarrhea can somebody help me asap please
29749080_2032307353683409_1766630524_o.jpg
29893733_2032303763683768_604882623_o.jpg

Last edited:
does that effect her walking and her laying down when she eats/drink
No that won't affect her walking. Sometimes my ducks will eat laying down. I think that's okay. Does she only eat laying down? Or just sometimes? The leg streching is normal. My ducks do that too.
What are you feeding them? if she seems lethargic often she may need more niacin. They sell brewers yeast which you add to their food. I'm no duck expert but I do have ducks so I know a little. :)

No that won't affect her walking. Sometimes my ducks will eat laying down. I think that's okay. Does she only eat laying down? Or just sometimes? The leg streching is normal. My ducks do that too.
What are you feeding them? if she seems lethargic often she may need more niacin. They sell brewers yeast which you add to their food. I'm no duck expert but I do have ducks so I know a little. :)
she eats laying down most of the time , we are feeding them duck starter grower . where can i find the brewers yeast ? and you been such a help this is our first time having duck i just got scared and does youre ducks make a fist all the time

you can find small things of brewers yeast (also called nutritional yeast) with the popcorn seasonings.

OR you can get a much larger bag at your feed store. There you can buy "farm grade" which is much less money than "human grade"

I am taking care of a Peking duck for my daughter because her Drake was mounting her every day and has sores no feathers on her neck. Anyway you get the picture, she needed to heal. Here's my question. I have 2 grown ducks both hens, small compared to her, the Pekingfollows them around and they just runfrom her. Will they ever be her friend??

I am taking care of a Peking duck for my daughter because her Drake was mounting her every day and has sores no feathers on her neck. Anyway you get the picture, she needed to heal. Here's my question. I have 2 grown ducks both hens, small compared to her, the Pekingfollows them around and they just runfrom her. Will they ever be her friend??
it takes mine a week, maybe 2 to settle after a change in the flock.

do make sure no one is getting hurt, and everyone is getting food to eat

Back
Top Bottom