ducky diarrhea?

My ducks' poop is always different, sometimes runny and sometimes solid. I think it's normal, especially when they've been eating mud puddles. I would be concerned if it was totally clear, really frothy or if it had blood in it.

As for giving them probiotics, has anyone tried this? Rather than using all yogurt you could strain off the whey (by letting plain yogurt hang in cheesecloth over a bowl for 24 hours... I keep it in the fridge while it strains). Then you get a decent amount of whey, which is like a cloudy liquid packed with probiotics, and what's left for you is cream cheese! The strained off whey would be easier to mix into their water than yogurt, you wouldn't need to use quite so much and you don't have to worry about calcium and dairy.

I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure about the dosage.

Last edited:
thanks so much for these replies from all of you. I am severely allergic to dairy. I can't even touch it. we dont keep it in the house at all. can i buy a probiotic at a feed store? is it even necessary?

thanks so much for these replies from all of you. I am severely allergic to dairy. I can't even touch it. we dont keep it in the house at all. can i buy a probiotic at a feed store? is it even necessary?
Probiotics can be really helpful. I use a vitamin electrolyte probiotic mix - it's for poultry.

thanks so much, i have been to every feed store and cant find any probiotics. can you please recommend a brand or a site to buy duckling feed and probiotics

Back
Top Bottom