Due around 3/26? **non-intervention success story pg 9**

13347_first_baby.jpg

Speed Racer hatched 25 min ago!! Less than 2 hrs from initial pip to hatch!!

wee.gif

Nothing like this feeling!

This little guy is a poster child for dry incubation! The incubator was bone dry until I saw his first pip, then I filled the central trough with hot water. Both plugs open. He obviously didn't have any problem with getting stuck!

Now I'll just hope the rest go as well (none of them have pipped yet).
fl.gif

I am starting my 3 day wait today! I plan to try the dry incubation on my next set of eggs. I am learning so much from this board!

Im on day 20 and trying my hardest to not be in a hurry but I see no signs of the egg even thinking about hatching , no peeping , pipping or rocking. Due to temp issues yesterday I did candle the egg and I saw a hint of movement but it was hard to see since the chick takes up like the whole egg and all I see is like 1/4 inch of space right around the air cell.

COME ON CHICKY>>>
fl.gif
pop.gif
caf.gif
barnie.gif
pop.gif

Quote:
I hope everything turns out for you!!
fl.gif

I was less nervous the first time I hatched and didn't know anything!

Quote:
Sounds promising what you saw. Seems like when I candle eggs at this stage & everything is dark, if I see big veins in the little clear space by the air cell that's a good sign. Although I know those veins dry up right before the hatch.

I actually only saw movement in 1 or 2 of mine when I candled at 18 days, partly because I was trying to move quickly.

I have my cute little black chick and 3 pips now! Unfortunately I'm working today -- just stopped off at home to check on them! Hoping for a big rush of hatching this evening after I get home!

Quote:
Don't worry
wink.png
my eggs never piped till day 22! I guess it was because I had little problems going on
smile.png
I thought they were dead but I did candle at day 21 and saw only a little bit of space in there so you just have to wait don't give up just give them more time they will hatch =]

lol if he takes to long he might catch up with the 14 that are due to hatch on the 30th or so
hide.gif
unless there late ,, I some how managed to have an egg or eggs hatching every week till after the 14th .
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom