D'Ulcess (My spelling is Horrid, I'm sure)

Bornacentury2L8

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Cartersville, Ga.
My daughter (Chickie Chick) wants Millie Fleur D'Ulcess, and I was wondering about their habits. (Noise, temperment, etc.) We don't have a great deal of room and I don't want to get them if they need alot. Thanks.

They are pretty gentle, but more skiddish than silkies. But not neary as excitable as Old Englishs or Sebright. There is a lady on Ebay who has some gorgeous Mille Fleurs. Her id is 123muki. I have hatched one set and another set is on the way!

PS:The spelling is d'Uccle.
smile.png

Last edited:
I got my first Mille Fleur d'Uccles from Ideal last Sept. I totally fell in love with the breed. They are my sweetest, chattiest, friendliest pullets. They aren't flighty and mine aren't overly noisy. They just quietly talk back when I am giving them treats. I love them so much I ordered 12 more due to arrive in 2 weeks...Blue Mille Fleur, Self Blue and Porcelain. I would recommend them highly.

Maisie and Mira
10683_pic_25_mar_31_2009.jpg

10683_pic_24_mar_31_2009.jpg

Each line from different sellers vary. And how you raise them makes a difference too. As with any animal you get.. there is going to be individuals that are not as great as others. Like people they all have thier own personalities. So make sure you get some from a nice line so that you know what your getting.

Last edited:
I have 4 Porcelains, 2 hens and 2 roos. I just bought the 2 roos and one hen yesterday.

The other hen I've had for about 3 weeks. She is just a sweet heart. When she first met my (then) eleven 7 week olds she was a little freaked out by them, but by night fall she had all 11 in one nesting box with her at the opening and her wings spread out to keep them warm and safe. When ever she sees me outside she comes running up to the fence and starts softly clucking at me. I'll double check to make sure they've got food and water. When I know they've got that I reach in and she's wanting me to pick her up and pet her. I just love the breed. We are going to the feed store today to try getting a Milli Fleur.

I love my lavender D'Uccle roo! My only problem with him is that he is agressive towards my two other roosters, even tho he is about a third their size. He just won't back down from a fight, so now he lives in a mobile pen with his two petite ladies. It is inside the fenced pasture with the other chickies, so they have lots of company. He thinks he is hot stuff, and has the LF hens fooled too! They all hang out around his pen.

Mine are really nice, chatty and love to pose for pictures. They recently went broody but we ended up taking their eggs and breaking them because they were not nice to some other chicks that were out there and kept forgetting which nest was theirs causing all kinds of squabbles. My cochins are much better at being broody so they got all the eggs and chicks.

I agree the roosters I have had have been non- aggressive to people but will not back down from a fight with roosters three times their size.

The d'uccle rooster I currently have is small in size but big in attitude. He IS very good with the babies out there though - I have seen him show them where to find food etc.

Definately a breed I would recommend as long as you aren't wanting outstanding broodies.

Quote:
No they didn't send pullets only. I ordered 4 and they sent me 3 pullets and a cockerel. I sold a pullet and the cockerel as a pair and kept 2 pullets.

I would have to agree about them not being aggressive. When I add new bantams to the coop, my black japanese and white cochin are always the ones to put the new comers in their place. The d'Uccles never bother the newbies.

Back
Top Bottom