Dumb thing done by newbie

janie1526

Hatching
6 Years
May 6, 2013
yes, I NOW know I did this wrong. My first time incubating chicks. I have three hens and about 20 days ago I started collecting eggs (these hens have been laying fertile eggs) about three a day and nicely putting them into my incy. Well I now have about 20 eggs all a day apart. Well didn't realize the problem until just the last few days with humidity and lockdown and egg turner. I don't have access to another incy and am now wondering the best way to handle my situation. I have read other's posts that they had successful hatches by leaving the egg turner in and on. I'm afraid to touch anything now because I should be in lockdown. Just wondering what anyone things. I feel like I just committed murder to 20 baby chicks and am almost crying..

I did the same thing, though I put in eggs a week apart. Had Brinsea overnight me a Mini Eco for my lockdowns. It was expensive, so you might look for an incubator on Craig's List or get something relatively inexpensive.

I have heard that putting eggs into lockdown as early as 14 days is ok ish

so what you do is lockdown the eggs and up the humidity gradually about 5% every 6 hours or so.

so on day 20 its up to the required high

even when I lockdown at day 18 I up humidity slowly

5% per day

starting at 40% then day 18 45% day 19 50% day 20 60% and 12 hours before day 21 my final 65% and leave it there

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom