Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
Lol.

We had a gentleman out to meet the flock that asked us if blue egg laying chickens were genetically modified or natural. And if the eggs were safe to eat. It was hard to keep a straight face and not tell him that they nuclear. Lol he also asked if they were the same inside as white or brown eggs.
Lol

Last edited:
My dad used to be apart of an experiment where they made the "glow-fish" by splicing Jellyfish DNA and adding it to Zebra fish. The results were very cool.

On that note, imagine adding that DNA to your chickens? Glow in the dark chickens! Unfortunately, that would make them easier to become lunch to your local predators. Perhaps they need a bit of Chameleon DNA instead so they can blend into their background a bit better.

My roos never crow in the middle of the night. They wait till 4 AM.

My son and DIL get eggs from me. He picked up some eggs a couple of days ago, and said that he lost one of the eggs from the previous batch. His daughter took it. I didn't understand the significance of this statement until he went on to explain that she had squirreled it away in a basket with a blanket wrapped around it. She wanted to hatch a baby chick. This is the second child, who, after visiting my "farm" has taken an egg and done the blanket/basket routine. The last child hid one under her bed when she was visiting her Grammy. Grammy was none too pleased when she discovered the plot. (eventually, she would have found a bad egg under the bed!)

You just reminded me that I tried this as a child!
lol.png

My dad used to be apart of an experiment where they made the "glow-fish" by splicing Jellyfish DNA and adding it to Zebra fish.  The results were very cool.  

On that note, imagine adding that DNA to your chickens?  Glow in the dark chickens!  Unfortunately, that would make them easier to become lunch to your local predators.  Perhaps they need a bit of Chameleon DNA instead so they can blend into their background a bit better.

The chameleon might be a good idea. Or of they did glow in the dark just imagine how easy it would be to see a predator running off with your birds and how easy it would be to then aim at the predator.

On the other hand a predator may not go for a glowing chicken thinking, "What the heck is that?!" Lol

So, new story: In recent years our fairly small community ( one long main street running between the Columbia River and the mountains) ) has been inundated by wild turkeys that have been released south of the border and which have been moving north to better pastures. A lot of them were getting hit at a specific spot on the road so a kind person put up a sign that says: caution: turkey crossing. A friend took a picture of a family of turkeys crossing at the sign and sent it to her niece back east in Montreal. The niece asked: How did you teach the birds to cross at the sign?Can they read?

Back
Top Bottom