Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

We had a realtor over looking at our house, because we're thinking of moving to the country and wanted an educated guess on the value of our current home.
Long story short, we need to do a lot of work to get the best price. The realtor suggested that I "Promise all your friends a dozen eggs a week each, if they help you!"
Considering she could see my entire yard from where she was standing, she must have seen that I only have 2 laying hens.... I guess she was one of those who thinks chickens lay multiple eggs a day??
I'm lucky if I get 10-12 eggs each week.
roll.png

She isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. I think the perfume she wears has her high as a kite. It sure leaves me dizzy every time I see her....

You mean you don't get a dozen eggs per day per bird? Gee. I thought I was doing something wrong.
caf.gif

A 60+ year old family member just informed me that his grandma use to feed her chickens a "special" food so they would leg multiply eggs each day.

I let him know that that was not possible.

He swore it was....he use to help collect them.

he.gif

My Mother-in-law is the same way about chickens and their egg laying prowess. She still thinks it's rediculous that we have so many and loves to tell the story of a friend's chicken who escaped and it took 3 days to catch her and in that time she supposedly laid over 20 eggs at the neighbor's house.
I need whatever breed that chicken was!

White leghorn X Unicorn. They lay rainbow colored eggs, have mystical horns, and poop rainbows. Very flighty. Have long eyelashes. They are pink. The roosters are gay. The white leghorns are cheap. The hard part is getting the unicorn. I think you can buy them from a Petco in Candyland.

I want a unicorn chicken with rainbow eggs! Just imagine what I could sell those for!!!
Yeah, on second thought, folks would probably turn their noses up at rainbow eggs.

I am in FL so close to you, Nupe. Send your rotten eggs my way. My girls have just started to lay so I could use a little extra support. Oh my gosh!
I have had several people "inform" me that eggshells are soft until they hit the air. I try not to overeducate. Most people are going to believe what they believe. And saying, "Read a book!" May be considered rude.

Back
Top Bottom