Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Probably already said, but my mother thought brown eggs were "more organic" and healthier. She's always paid more for brown eggs. :hmm

That one is very prevalent. If you look at eggs in the grocery, brown eggs are more expensive. Must be because they are better for you. ;)

I believe the reason why brown egg-layers are so prevalent for backyard chicken raisers is to take advantage of that.

That one is very prevalent. If you look at eggs in the grocery, brown eggs are more expensive. Must be because they are better for you. ;)

I believe the reason why brown egg-layers are so prevalent for backyard chicken raisers is to take advantage of that.

Yup, one of the reasons I got Barred Rocks, so I can give her brown eggs. :lol:

I had a friend ask if my eggs could have chicks inside.
I had to explain I don't have a rooster and I collect them every day. She honestly didn't know you need a rooster to get fertile eggs, and then a hen had to sit on them for the chicks to develop.

I had a friend ask if my eggs could have chicks inside.
I had to explain I don't have a rooster and I collect them every day. She honestly didn't know you need a rooster to get fertile eggs, and then a hen had to sit on them for the chicks to develop.
I'm a massage therapist and I've had to very tactifully explain that to some of my clients while they're on the table. It does lead to some interesting conversations.

Back
Top Bottom