Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
An article in Field and Stream pointed out that if an individual had done that instead of the government they would have had to pay a hefty fine for wanton waste.

ok, to all you vegetarians out there and people who only eat "store made" meat. you should really be ashamed of yourselves. taking soy away from animals who need it for food, just so you can have a fake hamburger. the fact that you eat all the green foods is just plain mean to animals. the poor little rabbits are starving to death because you eat all of their lettuce, and the poor deer not getting any apples or corn because you have to have them. now your taking food from these animals, and not properly controlling their populations like you were meant to do. I hope you choke to death on your tofu.
then your eating plants because they "cant feel". I hate to tell you this, but plants can feel, the bleed just like we do. it may not be red, but when they lose enough moisture they die, just like when we lose blood. just because they don't have a brain doesn't mean a thing.

-this was not intended to offend any vegetarians, its just to show the argument can go both ways.-

yuckyuck.gif
goodpost.gif

RE: The $8,000.00 worth of perfectly healthy & properly processed meat...
duc.gif
Disturbing in many, many ways.

Notice the carefully chosen words:
"We must protect the people who eat at the Rescue Mission, and we cannot allow a potentially serious health threat to endanger the public,”

Someday these words may be used to inspect all of our gardens and livestock in the future.
What about the farmers who were forced to destroy all of their pigs in Michigan?
http://www.naturalnews.com/035585_Michigan_farms_raids.html

Coming soon to a city near you!

on the other end of that, buying just hens is almost as cruel. have you ever seen the pictures of dumpsters behind hatcheries? that's why we decided to work as breeders instead of becoming a full blown hatchery.  we don't sex our chicks when we sell them, we will breed sex links; but you still get them in a mix of males and females. I don't mean this to start an argument, and I understand people not wanting fertile eggs to eat.

I would like to see a place set up where you can take these extra roosters to be finished off and sent to the food banks. the US government wastes enough money on other things, why not something like this? 

I have never seen it but have heard about how they just throw the male chicks in to die because they don't sell. :'( I think the government should set up a grow out operation for the males. Why waste so much life when for a little money so many people could be benefited?

Anywho back on topic, I have a couple coworkers who say as soon as my girls start laying they will buy eggs from me. Me- "Great! I can pay for the ornery chooks feed that way. Between the brown and green/blue girls I should get around 8 eggs a day when they're in full swing." One lady- " what do you mean green/blue? They lay rotten eggs? I don't want those!" Me- lol " the eggs are not rotten, they will taste just the same but the shells will be blue or green instead of brown." Her- " I better not get food poisoning. " me- "you won't but if you don't trust them then just buy the eggs from the store. They'll probably be well over a month old by the time they get here." Lol the shocked look I got from that. :)

Last edited:
Random person: "Do you need a rooster for the hens to give birth?"
Me: "No, do you need a human male for a human female to _______?"

Last edited:
Random person: "Do you need a rooster for the hens to give birth?"
Me: "No, do you need a human male for a human female to _______?"

How is that question dumb? Aside from the fact that hens don't "give birth". You do need a rooster to get baby chicks which is the closest thing to giving birth that I can think of.

An earlier poster mentioned hatcheries throw away the males because they don't sell. Well, the females of the Cornish cross meat birds don't sell as well either so wouldn't that be the same? It seems a lot f people want the cockerels because they grow bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom