Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think vegetarians are quite admirable. I'm not a vegetarian because I think that they will kill just as many animals with or without me eating them, and me not eating them would just mean that they died in vain. Also, animals are tasty
droolin.gif

I don't understand meat eaters being annoyed with veggies though. I mean, they keep meat prices down! What's not to love?

I was told depending on where you go in Korea you get a different level of "spiceyness"of Kimchi. Is that true?
The spiciness doesn't vary much, but there are some differences in how it's made from one region to another. There's quite a bit of difference in spiciness just from one batch to the next.

I think vegetarians are quite admirable. I'm not a vegetarian because I think that they will kill just as many animals with or without me eating them, and me not eating them would just mean that they died in vain. Also, animals are tasty
droolin.gif

I don't understand meat eaters being annoyed with veggies though. I mean, they keep meat prices down! What's not to love?
I think vegetarians are quite tasty, especially the 4 legged ones.
tongue2.gif

I don't mind vegetarians except the ones who have a holier than thou attitude about it. With some it's become a religion unto itself.

I've had both before we had to get rid of our rooster and after. No taste difference, just an old husbands tale lol

Last edited:
The neighbor down the street (who used to have chickens) came by yesterday to buy some eggs. I was at work and my stepdad answered the door and got him a dozen. He heard the rooster crow and asked if we keep our roosters and hens together. My stepdad answered yes, and apparently that was the wrong answer. The neighbor shoved the eggs back at him and said he didn't want them if they were fertilized. Even after insisting the eggs were perfectly okay to eat, he would not accept them. I still don't see the big deal, but more eggs for me now. :p hehe

Silly people. An egg..is an egg...is an egg! I have roosters, and see no difference between a fertilized egg and an unfertilized one. The un-aware...might have trouble even finding the bullseye. I know I did. Ima city slicker, born and raised in Kansas City MO. Downtown, taxies, city buses and all. The only cows and chickens were in the zoo back then.
Now I live on 1 acre in the country, raising dual purpose fowl, learning about eggs, chickens, culling and processing. It's just surprising to read about peoples reactions to chickens and eggs. So far, I haven't dealt with any of that here..I am sure I will someday.

Silly people.  An egg..is an egg...is an egg!  I have roosters, and see no difference between a fertilized egg and an unfertilized one.  The un-aware...might have trouble even finding the bullseye.  I know I did.  Ima city slicker, born and raised in Kansas City MO.  Downtown, taxies, city buses and all.  The only cows and chickens were in the zoo back then.
Now I live on 1 acre in the country, raising dual purpose fowl, learning about eggs, chickens, culling and processing.  It's just surprising to read about peoples reactions to chickens and eggs.  So far, I haven't dealt with any of that here..I am sure I will someday.
good for you! You're doing it! How exciting. I gre up in the country, but never had a farm of my own. Now I have chickens and I'm learning so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom