Dumped/Abandoned Shepherd Puppy, thin but lovable. Pics #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks WOW. I did not see your post ahead of me. I think I am getting a cold, and I get even dizzier when that happens.
So, could Steven get the pup in the bottom of a cargo plane...wheel well? and I'll go to the panhandle and pick it up?
wink.png

I am kidding.
I will check back in after the vet sees him and then we will start making plans. Could this really work?
Frodo baggins had a big journey too. Frodo would be a good name, or Sam.
I went to bed thinking this could happen and then I woke up thinking,"This is insane."
Do any of you know of a long distance trucker that heads this way?
We can get him a hobo sack and stick and put him on a CSX train.
Okay. I am now officially excited. (my other rescue GSD ,that reads minds, just came up and licked my knee, so she must be too.)

If we could afford to have him shipped here, that would be great. But, now a days that is a fortune. We would have to buy a carrier too. Maybe I just have puppy stars in my eyes.
sad.png

I need him passed on by people headed this way. I would pay w.o.w for shots and stuff, because I would do that here.
maybe it is impossible.
sad.png

Maybe it is possible.
smile.png

I don't even know if he needs a home still.
If I do get him, I hope he won't be twelve by the time he gets here.
This is ridiculous isn't it?

It runs average cost of $336.27 I assume we would need to buy or rent a carrier
I put it at 15 pounds, but he may be heavier. After he gets fed for a few days, he may be.
big_smile.png

I also ran the price from Albuquerque because I did not know where Writer of words is.(And for safety's sake I think we need to keep destinations off of the Internet.)

Before the recession hit we had a shipping account with delta. My husband is going to see if he can find it, or if it is still viable. We have not shipped any plants in a couple/ few years. (that's why money is tight.)
I disapprove of buying dogs when there are dogs locally in shelters that need homes.
This kind of feels like buying a dog.
sad.png

I think if he can get a good home there, he should....but I KNOW he'll have a GREAT home here.
big_smile.png

I am starting to feel guilty for wanting Frodo. But I do. Is this putting people out too much?
I do not want to be burdensome.
My husband says that, 'saving a dog, is saving a dog.' If it is here, or there, He doesn't care.

$336.00 doesn't sound too bad but what would a one way flight cost in comparison?

I haven't flown any pets since military days when ex and I came back from Germany in '89 - one cat one dog was about $100.00 each
if I recall - plus the approved kennels.

What do you mean? One way for a human?
The rate I listed was door to door, so no airport trip. I do not know how close Kate is to an airport. We are about two hours away, but we can do that. Unless...There is a closer airport...I have to have the husband see.
My husband will check out the delta shipping costs. I know a box of hibiscus liners to Hawaii was around $30 @ 15lbs,
but they really did not care if they got there alive. We did, but the people throwing boxes around didn't.
I'll have him do some computer work tomorrow and find out.
I still need to find out if the pup had a chip in him.
This is just how my brain works, I want all my ducks in a row... but I have chickens.

Check with Roads of Hope. I'll see if I can find their website again. There are several sites online that will help get him to you. Between them and BYC folks it should be no problem.

Here you go!! http://roadsofhope.org/

I'll
check with the deaf dog group I belong to as well.

I should hear something by the end of tomorrow. Weekends are big transport times. I need email addresses so I can give it to the coordinators. PM me!

Last edited:
Roads of Hope sounds great IF there aren't enough folks right here at BYC's willing and able.

13. Do not solicit donations or charitable requests for yourself or other people or organizations.
Nancy - Olympia, WA​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom