Dying gosling

Apple is doing better than yesterday, I forced her to drink warm water with a syringe and she is walking better. Pear our gander has gotten a bit worse since last night, but not as bad as Apple.

My sister in law who is a vet tech says that an hour for a bird can be like five hours for us, so once they get sick they go down fast. Is this true?

Apple is doing better than yesterday, I forced her to drink warm water with a syringe and she is walking better. Pear our gander has gotten a bit worse since last night, but not as bad as Apple.
Glad to hear Apple is doing better. did you try a flush? and pleas don't force anything down their throats it can go into their lungs. just dribble water with the vitamins along side their bills or gently put their bill into the water ot just drops into front of bill.

I never force anything down their throats I only like you said drip it into the very tip of their bill and usually once it's in their mouth they swallow it.
I didn't try a flush because this morning Apple looked so much better, and if she didn't I was going to do it. We are in the process now of building a new and bigger pin. Hopefully they can move back outside and this problem will be behind them.

I never force anything down their throats I only like you said drip it into the very tip of their bill and usually once it's in their mouth they swallow it.
I didn't try a flush because this morning Apple looked so much better, and if she didn't I was going to do it. We are in the process now of building a new and bigger pin. Hopefully they can move back outside and this problem will be behind them.
That's awesome news about Apple and that they will have a new pen also. How's pear doing? I'm not sure about what your sister in law said. I just know they can be sick quite a while before we notice. and it can be too late. So glad this maybe over now.

Pear is doing better as well. He lost quite a bit of weight since he was always the heaviest of the thee, but much better.
I'm very very happy as well. I was not ready to give up on them. I love them so much!

Pear is doing better as well. He lost quite a bit of weight since he was always the heaviest of the thee, but much better.
I'm very very happy as well. I was not ready to give up on them. I love them so much!
Glad to hear pear is doing better too, make sure to give him Nutri Drench in his water for a while it will help him continue to get over this. Or what ever kind of poultry vitamin you have for them. Just some extra help for now.

Back
Top Bottom