early labor and delivery

My Dr always stopped my labors before 36 weeks. I had my kids at 37, 38 and 39 weeks. But with some of them I had braxton hicks from 12 weeks.

The pressure and contractions will most likely keep getting worse and more frequent until its time for baby to make an appearance. Its your body's way of getting ready. Think of it as dress rehearsal.

My son was born at 34 weeks and I, too, had been in and out of the hospital for a month. He weighed 4 lbs 13ozs and is now a completely healthy, normal sized 12 year old. They told me I was having contractions that I never felt, until he decided he was ready to be born. Trust me, you will definitely know the difference between Braxton Hicks and the real thing.
th.gif

I had braxton hicks contractions also with all 8 of my kids. All of them were early, except my first, he was born on my due date, and my 7th, she was 4 days late, and that just about drove me crazy!
tongue.png
Congratulations to you, and best wishes for a healthy and safe delivery!
hugs.gif

I had my first daughter on March 29th she was due April 27th. My son was on his due date and my youngest was 3 days before due date. All 3 weighted 6 lbs 5 ozs. My doctor joked that must be my cut off weight for babies. My oldest daughter now 21 had her son Oct 18th he wasn't due until Dec 1st. He was 5lbs 2 ozs and was 17 3/4 inches and healthy thank goodness. Her first son was 2 days early but weighted 9lbs 3 ozs and was 22 1/2 inches long. Good luck!

Mine was early too! He was 2 exactly 2 months early, according to his due date. He weighed 3 lbs 14 ounces. Now he is a normal healthy teen age boy. I was having contractions and wasn't aware of it. The monitor at the hospital showed that I was in labor, and when they checked I was beginning to dilate! I had no idea!

I started having contractions too early with both of my children. Even if they are braxton hicks contractions I would keep track of how many you are having an hour. Having "some" is normal, but if they are increasing, it could certainly be a sign of you beginning to go into labor. Just check with your doctor.

I started contracting with my DD at 32 weeks and was put on bedrest and meds to stop the contractions. With DS, I started contracting at about 20 weeks. Again, I was put on bedrest and on meds to stop contractions. Not fun, especially with a 2 year old. At 36 weeks I was taken off meds and bedrest. I delivered DD at 37 weeks and DS at 38 weeks.

Almost 33 weeks. Emergency C-Section due to severe eclampsia. She was 2 lbs 10 oz and healthy as a horse...she tried to kill me though.
gig.gif

She is 12 now and is just like any other 12 year old.

Quote:
We have two daughters and our oldest was about 2 months early. I had a placental abruption and went into labor, which my doctor was able to stop, and when I left the hospital a few days later I was on continued meds and bed-rest. He didn't think I'd make it more than a couple more weeks, but we wanted her to cook as long as possible.
wink.png
The night I got home from the hospital, when we went to bed, I told my husband that he'd be a father by the end of the week. Lost my plug two days later, and then I abrupted again which led to an emergency c-section.

Our youngest was one month early. That was a problem pregnancy from the start; I was in pain from the second month and sick most of the time. While I was pregnant with her I spent every holiday and special occasion either at the doctor's office or the hospital. I went to my check-up in severe pain, went into pre-term labor in the office and was sent straight to the hospital. Several things went wrong and I was in the hospital for a week, but I did manage to narrowly avoid a repeat c-section and pulled off a VBAC. Both of the girls are happy, healthy and had no developmental delays.

Back
Top Bottom