Earthen Acres Homestead: First mixed laying flock

Next up i'd like to introduce Sylvia! I think Sylvia is a 55 flowery leghorn. She produces large white eggs almost everyday. She is a bit reserved, and slow to trust, but docile as can be. She has a repertoire of "i just laid an egg" songs, and belts them out from the highest point she can find without abandon. Despite being one of my smaller girls, Sylvia's comb is one of the biggest, and a beautiful red color. Thank you for reading. What kind of leghorns do oyu guys have?View attachment 2067700
View attachment 2067701
View attachment 2067703
View attachment 2067706
She is very pretty. I do not have any Leghorns, but I do have Austra Whites. They are half Black Australorp and half White Leghorn. One of my Austra Whites hatched six chicks last September.

Chick 2.jpg

Yeah I was reading about how eggs have all essential nutrients for humans except vitamin c. Almost the perfect food. Push comes to shove they could sustain us for a while. We feed them, they feed us. So symbiotic and simple and
Looks delicious! Sustainability feels extra good during this crazy time! Our eggs are definitely helping us with food.

beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom