East RIver - South Dakota

Our two new Silkie hens, Thelma (white) and Penny (Copper).
wee.gif

Hello from Western MN! I live about 20 miles from the SD border, and I'm looking for a Buckeye rooster for my flock. I'd be willing to travel a bit to pick one up. If someone has one for sale, please feel free to PM me. We can discuss location, price, etc. there. Thank you!

There is someone in the SuFu craigslist with Buckeye chicks.

http://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/grd/2962559735.html

Notice of Up Coming event: Stocking UP Workshop - Sustainable Living Fair

You can find links to the event here:
http://www.motherearthnews.com/home....aspx?id=2147500297&listing=event&location=SD

http://www.facebook.com/events/417639308247226/?context=create

1st Annual Sustainable Living Fair featuring workshops, speakers, and exhibitors helping advance the skills of homesteading, self-sufficiency, community resiliency and sustainability.

---------------------------------------------------
The event will take place in the old historical town hall of Bushnell, South Dakota. One of the older county communities, Bushnell was the jumping off point of pioneers settling South Dakota. It is a great location for the promotion of sustainability and community resiliency, with its ties to agriculture & its collection of resident artists and craftspeople.

We are working to recruit some awesome speakers & perhaps some DYI demonstrators and others who'd benefit homesteaders and the gardeners and livestock raisers amongst us.

Hope to see some or all of you at the event!

That looks awesome! I am going to have to try to make it there. Maybe I can talk Mrs. Doolittle into coming with me...what do ya say? Road trip?

Congrats! They look amazing! My three hens are all Black. Wish I had more diversity in color though. I have three granddaughters who "own" them now, though they are in grandma's coop with Grandma's Silkie rooster. LOL. Having them look different from each other would make it easier to identify each girl. One is black with gold/buff laced feathered around her head & neck. But two are identical and all black.

Our two new Silkie hens, Thelma (white) and Penny (Copper).
wee.gif

That looks awesome! I am going to have to try to make it there. Maybe I can talk Mrs. Doolittle into coming with me...what do ya say? Road trip?

Well its already looking like a great little event coming together! Runnings is talking about getting involved. Dakota Rural Action is definitely interested in partnering with us on it. We've got a presenter whose going to teach how to make yogurt in a slow cooker. And another presenter planning on teaching canning. Hopefully many more will be plugged in over the summer too. One vineyard said they'd be interested if they can figure out how to balance Harvest time with the event, since its right in harvest season for them. I'm hoping we will have a well rounded event by the time we're done.

Got my turkey eggs the other day and have them in my DYI incubator. Hopefully we will have success at this temp thing!

Also got my baby chicks and ducklings today from Ideal Hatchery.

1 Silver Spangled Hamburg, 2 W/C Black Polishs, 3 Spangled Cornish Bantams, 2 Cream Lt Brown Dutch Bantams, 2 B B Red Old English Bantams, & 3 Buff Wyandotte bantams. I also got two Khaki Campbell ducklings and a Mallard duckling and a Crested Blue Swede Duck.

I have yet to take pics of my silkies or the babies that just arrived today. So will try to get pics up soon. But here is my incubator pic with the 14 turkey eggs!

If anyone in eastern SD has a incubator I could barrow, I'd be thrilled! Or a broody hen would be even better!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom