East RIver - South Dakota

Hello from Western MN! I live about 20 miles from the SD border, and I'm looking for a Buckeye rooster for my flock. I'd be willing to travel a bit to pick one up. If someone has one for sale, please feel free to PM me. We can discuss location, price, etc. there. Thank you!

Hello from Western MN! I live about 20 miles from the SD border, and I'm looking for a Buckeye rooster for my flock. I'd be willing to travel a bit to pick one up. If someone has one for sale, please feel free to PM me. We can discuss location, price, etc. there. Thank you!

Bobbi-j, there is a small hatchery in Volga, SD Can't remember the name of the hatchery, but if you want I will try to find it. I think I mentioned it on another BYC thread for someone who was in SD and was looking for an area hatchery.

Thought I'd share the information I got when I made an inquiry regarding the selling of Eggs in South Dakota. It is rom Gene Stegeman from SD Dept of Agriculture.

Hi,
I would be happy to answer your questions about selling eggs in South Dakota. If you are selling eggs your own egg production and the customer is coming to your farm to buy the eggs, you do not need to be licensed. However, if you are selling eggs at a farmers market, food service establishment, or retail outlet, then you are required to have a South Dakota Egg Dealers license and a SD Egg Candler/grader license. If you are interested in being licensed, please let me know and I will send you a licensing packet in the mail.

As far as your questions dealing with poultry and swaps, you would need to visit with the State Veterinarian with the Animal Industry Board. The contact person is Dr. Dustin Oedekoven. His phone # is 605-773-3321 or you can email their office with [email protected]

Hope I was able to answer your questions.

Gene Stegeman
SD Dept. Agriculture
Lab Evaluation Officer
State Dairy Lab
Box 2104 SDM 112
Brookings, SD 57007
P/F (605) 688-5491

[email protected]

Hey all!!

Just found this thread and thought Id say hey.

Im in the NE part of the state.

Bout 25 miles south of Webster.

Have chickens, ducks and a couple of geese.

Also have a camera set up for watching them, if anyone is interested I can post or send you a link.

Also was told that there is someone from the Redfield area who sells Icelandic chickens, I would be interested in getting some more.

Chicks should start hatching tonite. I picked up 2 EE hens an EE rooster, and a buff polish hen last night. Won't be long an my coop is going to be full.

Hey all!!

Just found this thread and thought Id say hey.

Im in the NE part of the state.

Bout 25 miles south of Webster.

Have chickens, ducks and a couple of geese.

Also have a camera set up for watching them, if anyone is interested I can post or send you a link.

Also was told that there is someone from the Redfield area who sells Icelandic chickens, I would be interested in getting some more.

Welcome spartman! Glad you could join us! Icelandic chickens! I will have to google that breed! Curious now about its qualities. Definitely share your link to your camera! We'd all enjoy it, I'm sure.

I'm down by Brookings, in the small town of Bushnell.

Back
Top Bottom