Easter Egger chick colors?

Pics
Omg Clara looks just like my Tiana! I too called her my little hawk!
Yeah she does! Funny how they started off so different. My friend also has an EE hen named Sybil that is similarly colored and a light EE. I can't wait to see how long her golden neck feathers get, what her breast feathers do, if her tail feathers darken etc.

You can usually see a beard or muffs as a new chick.

There used to be a thread here somewhere where folks posted pics of the chicks and then the adult plumage, not sure where it is now. Don't know how much help it will be, I've also had chicks that looked very similar turn out pretty different. I think you'd be able to tell grey/black from red/gold, though. My only thought is, lots of black and white EEs are roosters
sad.png
Now you have me concerned. Clowey our white and black Americana(wife's favorite) is the QUEEN of the roost; she (?) is constantly chasing and bossing all the others. I have been telling the wife she must be a roo and now you say this. We shall see they are 4.5 wk old now. I have been trying to get the wife to understand if she is a he it will be gumbo time. This hasn't been received very well. On the farm wifeee would always disappear for a couple days when slaughter time for any animal. Names like Tbone, ol hammy, and mutton never really sunk in with her. When we decided to get these chicks and keep them in a tractor there was to be no "murdering", but I am not having a roo in such a confined space (coop 4x5 attached run 14x5). Can still travel with this set up just tell the neighbor to collect the eggs everyday feed and water good for about 2 weeks.

Here are my 5 EEs at 1 week, 3 weeks, and 6 weeks old.

Bull- he was a bully at first (hence the name) but now is ranking under all the girls but turning out to be a neat looking boy, very broad body and head and is now starting to grow a very distinguished grey beard, :)

Ginger- Turning out to be quite the red head but is now growing a grey beard

Wildling- also starting to grow a beard, she is the smallest of my EEs

Legs- this girl was extremely leggy, now is finally growing into them. Turning out be a lot darker then I figured she would since she was such a light colored chick, just goes to show you just never know what they will look like.

Cat Eyes- She loves to sit on my shoulder, its sad that her cat eye stripe is fading away with age.

mmclaughlin, I can't see their bodies too well, but guessing from their heads it looks like the two middle ones will be blue, the one on the left will be blue and brown, and the one on the right will look like my Tiana (see my previous posts).

Here are my 5 EEs at 1 week, 3 weeks, and 6 weeks old.

Bull- he was a bully at first (hence the name) but now is ranking under all the girls but turning out to be a neat looking boy, very broad body and head and is now starting to grow a very distinguished grey beard, :)

Ginger- Turning out to be quite the red head but is now growing a grey beard

Wildling- also starting to grow a beard, she is the smallest of my EEs

Legs- this girl was extremely leggy, now is finally growing into them. Turning out be a lot darker then I figured she would since she was such a light colored chick, just goes to show you just never know what they will look like.

Cat Eyes- She loves to sit on my shoulder, its sad that her cat eye stripe is fading away with age.
Would love to see how yours turned out as well!

Would love to see how your little grey chicks are turning out!

They are all doing well thanks the one with the brown face iss
A rooster the rest are hens
Here are a few new pictures

Brown faced chick is the rooster the chipmunk colored is the light one and the 2 gray are still gray one just has darker head and bigger cheeks

Back
Top Bottom