Easter Egger club!

EEs are mutts but usually have a heavy mix of Ameraucana and Araucana in them to get the blue and green eggs. Some hatcheries will sell EEs as Ameraucanas.

I am so loving all the pictures! We now have 4 Olive Eggers and 5 Easter Eggers as of today. I am too tired to take pictures and load them up right now and we have guests coming into town for the week so not sure when it will happen. It is so fun to look at all the pictures and speculate how one of mine may look like one of the pictures I see. I am so looking forward to watching how they feather out!

I wanted to share this map of the locations of AI in the US, and Canada. I need this visual and thought it may be helpful to others:

https://batchgeo.com/map/2015-avian-influenza-outbreaks
I live right where the AI has hit the hardest!
ep.gif

Cooper's chicken-wrangling continues to amaze...

Tonight, down cellar where I'm hardening the chicks off, I decided to put Cooper to the test, I opened the door to the chicken cage, and let him have full access to the cage, he would let the chicks out of the cage a few inches, but keep a keen eye on them, anyone that strayed too far from the cage would be herded back in....

He started off gentle, with a couple muzzle nudges to get them going in the right direction, if they returned to the cage voluntarily, he'd stop nudging them

If they showed signs of obstinance, he'd gently grip a couple wing feathers in his mouth and steer them back into the cage, with a final insistent muzzle shove

If the chick completely ignored his directions, or struggled to get away, he would gently pin them to the ground and *push* them back in the cage, he'd then sit at the entrance of the cage, fixing the rebel with a stern look....

After about 10 minutes, he could stop any escape attempts purely by using "The Stare"

Of course, the flock has now realized that individual escape attempts will not work, and the only other solution is to "gang up on the dog" and have at least three chicks try to escape....

I know it's not always the case but I read black can be a sign of a roo. I don't own any yet
1f61e.png
the feed store keeps telling me next week for the 3rd week in a row. So frustrating! My dads neighbor has 2 hens and a roo, he's black and white, and he's the prettiest rooster I've ever seen. Your chicks are adorable
1f60a.png

If what I read about color is correct it looks like you could have 1 roo, the one with the least color on its face. That's just my guess from researching them. Wanted to be prepared for when I went to pick mine but its looking like they aren't coming in, and I haven't found anywhere else that has them

Back
Top Bottom