Easter Egger Trio! 13-14 weeks old. 2 pullets & 1 cockerel Pickup Only

Sudsy Chick

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
Washington State
Easter Eggers! Perfect small backyard flock. Two pullets & one cockerel. 13-14 weeks old, the cockerel has not yet started to crow. All images were taken on August 6.

These chicks have been broody-raised and free range all day. They have eaten scratch & peck organic feeds since we got them and I have made a point to be friendly with them (as I am with the broody hens that raised them) enough that I can hand feed them, but not enough that they will hop on my lap or anything However, if they are calm, especially towards bedtime, they may roost on my hand for a time.

They currently live in a coop with other chicks a bit younger and three older hens and roost on their own.

My only request is that Brownie the cockerel does not end up in freezer camp. He is a very special bird and I've made a promise to my son to find him a good home.

Brownie the cockerel is very friendly and will be the first to get treats from your hand. He's also very protective of his girls.

89230_cockerel-1a.jpg

89230_cockerel-1c.jpg

The next two photos are the first pullet. Adorable fuzzy face!

89230_pullet-1a.jpg

89230_pullet-1b.jpg

The next two photos are the second pullet. She's had a few baths and may need a bit of extra care until her tail feathers sort themselves. Because of the baths she has also become very accustomed to handling. On first look she appears just white & tan color, but she also has a bit of grey/blue color on her face.

89230_pullet-2a.jpg

89230_pullet-2b.jpg

NO SHIPPING - Local pickup only. I live in the Seattle area but would be willing to meet someone within a couple hours drive.

Thank you for looking! dawn

Please note the black pullet is not part of the trio - she snuck in the photo!
smile.png

Just wanted to say that your trio of Easter Eggers are down right adorable! I REALLY wish you were closer. I'd snatch them up in a giffy.

Who could eat such an adorable cockerel like Brownie?
hu.gif
love.gif
bow.gif

Hope they find a wonderful, loving home with a sweet BYC'er.
smile.png

Best of luck-

~ Aspen

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Just wanted to say that your trio of Easter Eggers are down right adorable! I REALLY wish you were closer. I'd snatch them up in a giffy.

Who could eat such an adorable cockerel like Brownie?
hu.gif
love.gif
bow.gif

Hope they find a wonderful, loving home with a sweet BYC'er.
smile.png

Best of luck-

~ Aspen

Thank you so much, Aspen
smile.png
I wish you were closer as well! We will find them a good home; or perhaps we can just keep him from crowing?
lol.png
take care; dawn​

Quote:
Thank you so much, Aspen
smile.png
I wish you were closer as well! We will find them a good home; or perhaps we can just keep him from crowing?
lol.png
take care; dawn

Yes, if only there was a "non-crowing" product we could get for them!
lol.png

A BYC friend I sold some chickens to PM'd me and said one of the younger ones turned out to be a boy. Hasn't crowed yet, but has been mounting hens. Plus she sent me a picture and he is an EE roo for sure.
sad.png
If she ends up getting rid of him, I'll take him back. Maybe I can find a use for'em.

~ Aspen

Do you want them to all go together?? I can't take the boy, unfortunately. We're already trying to unload the roosters we weren't supposed to have!

Katy

Quote:
Hi Katy;

Yes, I really want these three to go together as I think it is Brownie's best chance not to end up in a stew pot.

take care;
dawn

Quote:
Thank you
big_smile.png
I got the birds from our local feed store (Bothell Feed) as chicks and our two broody moms raised them alongside some other chicks that they hatched from shipped fertile eggs (we cannot have roosters here.) I chose the three lightest, simply liking the coloring.

I don't know how to ship live birds and I'm not sure of any rules around shipping from state to state. And a bit scared that they would be harmed in the shipping. I will take some time to look into shipping to CA but cannot promise anything
smile.png

take care;
dawn

Quote:
Thank you
big_smile.png
I got the birds from our local feed store (Bothell Feed) as chicks and our two broody moms raised them alongside some other chicks that they hatched from shipped fertile eggs (we cannot have roosters here.) I chose the three lightest, simply liking the coloring.

I don't know how to ship live birds and I'm not sure of any rules around shipping from state to state. And a bit scared that they would be harmed in the shipping. I will take some time to look into shipping to CA but cannot promise anything
smile.png

take care;
dawn

Would you happen to know what hatchery supplies your feed store?

Quote:
Sorry - I don't know the hatchery, and could not find by searching the internet. I'll call in the morning and see if they can tell me.

take care;
dawn

Back
Top Bottom