Easter egger with Mohawks?

coatsra

Chirping
Oct 5, 2020
Hey friends, I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. We purchased an assortment of chickens a couple months ago. They’re about 9 weeks old, supposed to be all females. I get Easter eggers are a hybrid, but what’s up with the Mohawks? Do these look like a typical Easter eggers & does pic with the two only in it, do those look like Roos? Kinda hard to tell yet, they’re just bigger, more vocal, and they’re legs are bigger to me. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 980A0688-582C-4DDB-A197-89A86D92B0A2.jpeg
    980A0688-582C-4DDB-A197-89A86D92B0A2.jpeg
    945.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 14077329-D6F1-4D75-B49E-383A59F2B5E7.jpeg
    14077329-D6F1-4D75-B49E-383A59F2B5E7.jpeg
    861 KB · Views: 82
Hey friends, I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. We purchased an assortment of chickens a couple months ago. They’re about 9 weeks old, supposed to be all females. I get Easter eggers are a hybrid, but what’s up with the Mohawks? Do these look like a typical Easter eggers & does pic with the two only in it, do those look like Roos? Kinda hard to tell yet, they’re just bigger, more vocal, and they’re legs are bigger to me. Thanks in advance.
The bird on the left in the second pic, I would watch them. They're still rather young to be sexing though for me

Ah, my bad. The little chipmunk stripes on EEs make me think they are sexlinked as i know legbars are and they too have the stripes.
Only some EEs have chipmunk stripes and they have to be maintained in that aspect if you want them to remain able to be sexed at hatch. (sexlinking is specifically bred to sex from a cross, autosexing is a breed trait)

Yep, like others said they are cream legbar crosses! And I agree with watching the left bird in the second photo. It is getting pink early with waddles even growing. Though easter eggers are supposed to be a sexlinked bird I’ve seen a few striped males sneak in.

Back
Top Bottom