Easter egger?

I mistyped, it’s “worse quality”. By that I mean in comparison to the standard of what the breed should look like.
Oh okay I understand, do you happen to know if it okay to label Easter eggers as “ameraucanas” if they only lay the blue-green eggs? I ask because I’m planning to breed for chickens to lay only blue-green eggs

Oh okay I understand, do you happen to know if it okay to label Easter eggers as “ameraucanas” if they only lay the blue-green eggs? I ask because I’m planning to breed for chickens to lay only blue-green eggs
I wouldn't because Ameraucanas are an actual breed. It'd be like me wanting Cochins, buying Cochins, and then realizing I was sold Brahmas.

Nooooo.
No matter what eggs they lay, no matter what they look like, please do not label them as Ameraucanas if they are NOT.

Am I the only one who sees a fluffy head? That is super fluffy!
View attachment 2602567
Could it be the possible beginning of an affro, I know Sultans can have 5 toes, maybe a mix? Or maybe its just me and its the way the chick is standing. I'm pretty convinced thats an afro though.
Ps. Forgive me saying afro lol! Thats what our family always calls them. 😁
The feathers on the head also look like they're cascading as well. I'm pretty sure that may be a crest, @Overo Mare @Rhodebar Lover your more experienced then me, what do you think?

But getting Brahmas instead of Cochins would be a welcome surprise? 🤔 Just kidding!
laugh no GIF

I wouldn't because Ameraucanas are an actual breed. It'd be like me wanting Cochins, buying Cochins, and then realizing I was sold Brahmas.
That’s understandable, The issue I’m having is they were sold me ameraucanas but thinking of the price I paid for them it is likely they are only half ameraucana. And as such fall into the category of Easter egger. So I’m thinking that if I breed the possible hybrids back to each other in a double breeding I could have a chickens that have the dominant ameraucana traits.

That’s understandable, The issue I’m having is they were sold me ameraucanas but thinking of the price I paid for them it is likely they are only half ameraucana. And as such fall into the category of Easter egger. So I’m thinking that if I breed the possible hybrids back to each other in a double breeding I could have a chickens that have the dominant ameraucana traits.
It would probably save you time and space to just order Ameraucana chicks to raise and breed. Looking at the chick you posted, there are so many traits that aren't there that should be for an Ameraucana. If there is any in their history, it's so far back it's about lost.

I
It would probably save you time and space to just order Ameraucana chicks to raise and breed. Looking at the chick you posted, there are so many traits that aren't there that should be for an Ameraucana. If there is any in their history, it's so far back it's about lost
It would probably save you time and space to just order Ameraucana chicks to raise and breed. Looking at the chick you posted, there are so many traits that aren't there that should be for an Ameraucana. If there is any in their history, it's so far back it's about lost.
Oh that wasn’t my chicken posted in the thread earlier ,these are mine

Attachments

• EE11350E-0B3B-476F-872A-A70003CD492B.jpeg
    EE11350E-0B3B-476F-872A-A70003CD492B.jpeg
    379.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 240A0A2E-A9B0-41BD-8430-ACD2172D6D68.jpeg
    240A0A2E-A9B0-41BD-8430-ACD2172D6D68.jpeg
    439 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom