Eastern Tennessee Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby bunnies are ready today! I only have 3 left to choose from! 1 broken black doe - pinched in the hindquarters, pet; 1 solid black buck (tiniest of the litter) - pinched in the hindquarters, pet; and 1 broken black buck - nice buck may be showable. They're all sweet and cute! I sold one to a little girl and she loved him and he was nice and calm at the Weigels parking lot.
big_smile.png
I've handled them since birth, pm me if interested.

stang...Daph (see your notes) everyone else; we are playing confirm the breeds on the ones with question marks
idunno.gif
You may say to yourself that I am supposed to know these things, but if you only knew the experience I had with Meyer early in the year..you would understand
P.S. Click on any pic to get them bigger and in a slide show. Also try not to quote this so we dont end up with 20 responses that are all full of the same pics, it would take forever to sort through it all
smile.png

Plymouth Rock? Supposed to be a cuckoo marans. (laid a light brown egg with a hint of pink)

Plymouth Rock? supposed to be a cuckoo marans (not laid yet)

Cuckoo Marans? Not laid yet

Stang.. you still sticking with Golden Campine? Anyone else have an opinion? I think stang is probably correct though.

Daph... these are yours. They are beautiful and some of the most well tempered young birds I have ever encountered. How do you refer to the Blue ones? Is it Blue/Wheaton. You will know the boys..but for everyone else, the boys are darker and have red splash on their shoulders. Daphne ....I want more
fl.gif
eggs. Name your price, lol. Chicken waterers, Plymouth Rock pullets?
The 3rd and last pics are my favorites.

Here is that BCM that came from a supposed Wellie egg. Good looking BCM pullet though, and she played big sister to the Wheatons, which was nice

Last edited:
Hi, I am new to BYC and from Sevier County, TN. I was wondering if anyone had any pullets for sale, preferrably from this spring, so 4-5 months old. Not really set on the breed, just want some excellent layers, no Bantam. Please let me know what you might have. ]
Looking forward to be active in this forum, been reading a ton for weeks, but this is my first post.

Hi, I am new to BYC and from Sevier County, TN. I was wondering if anyone had any pullets for sale, preferrably from this spring, so 4-5 months old. Not really set on the breed, just want some excellent layers, no Bantam. Please let me know what you might have. ]
Looking forward to be active in this forum, been reading a ton for weeks, but this is my first post.
Im rushing out the door....but I have three plymouth rocks that are 23 weeks old and "just" starting to lay (2 eggs from one pullet so far)
I also have two Delewares that are a year old.

10 for the rocks and 15 for the dels. You can Pm me if you like.

Daph...I forgot to ask you also. Did your breeders come out of happy mountain?

The pullets are from HappyMtn, but the boy I'm using is from Jeremy. I can't think of his last name right now, but I know him from the Imported Orpington thread. Your chicks are half Californian!

They need some work. The pullets have some black in their hackles and their tails aren't black enough. I'm hoping that using the splash cockerel will lighten up their hackles. So far this generation is looking better.

Together I think they're called Wheaten / Blue Wheaten. I've seen it abbreviated as W/BW on the Ameraucana thread. You only have blue and splash, though, since I used splash over wheaten and blue. They'd still be called W/BW since you could still get wheaten chicks if you crossed blueXblue.

I love that blue cockerel in the third picture. It's too bad you don't need him. He'd be great for your daughter to use to get into showing.

I'm sure we can work something out for more eggs... When I start getting them again! I have four girls that are too young, two that are broody, and I guess the other two just don't like the weather. I'm lucky if I get one blue egg a day. Bunch of freeloaders...

So my production red hasn't laid a normal egg in about a week-all thin shell or hardly any shell. They are on layer feed and I put out oyster shell too. Really could use some help! What I've read is that means she needs more calcium but not sure how to supply it. The other hen i have (wyndotte) is laying fine... So im not sure its an issue w the food. HELP!

So my production red hasn't laid a normal egg in about a week-all thin shell or hardly any shell. They are on layer feed and I put out oyster shell too. Really could use some help! What I've read is that means she needs more calcium but not sure how to supply it. The other hen i have (wyndotte) is laying fine... So im not sure its an issue w the food. HELP!
it could be an issue with her getting to the food. Is she at the bottom of the pecking order and getting pushed away? Or maybe she is at the top of the pecking order and getting more scratch by pushing the others away....that might be filling her up to where she does not want to eat the layer? If you put out scratch, try withholding it for 7-10 days and see what happens. This will force everyone on the layer a lot heavier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom