Eastern Washington

Wow! Mine are still moulting. Maybe that is why...

Are you feeding High Protein feed.... take away the layer feed for 2 weeks and cram the protein in them for feather growth.... You may get a couple eggs with little or no shell.... and supplement their diet with roasted egg shells and oyster shells... plus Granite Grit...

I see some retailers have a lime rock or lime stone they sell for grit... I think it's putting too much calcium in the chickens diet... and roosters don't need calcium.. where Granite Grit just grinds the food....
So, take it from me, a guy who knows squat about chickens.... only use granite grit in the chicken supplement category.....

Dave, who knows squat, Dave....... Not to be confused with Dave's that know a lot.... which is all the others.....

Are you feeding High Protein feed.... take away the layer feed for 2 weeks and cram the protein in them for feather growth.... You may get a couple eggs with little or no shell.... and supplement their diet with roasted egg shells and oyster shells... plus Granite Grit...

I see some retailers have a lime rock or lime stone they sell for grit... I think it's putting too much calcium in the chickens diet... and roosters don't need calcium.. where Granite Grit just grinds the food....
So, take it from me, a guy who knows squat about chickens.... only use granite grit in the chicken supplement category.....

Dave, who knows squat, Dave....... Not to be confused with Dave's that know a lot.... which is all the others.....
ya I increased her protein with turkey tidbits and other fatty meaty treats

Normally, I use an organic feed but I did go to Big R or North 40 and buy some feed for molting with a higher percentage of protein. I think this weekend I will do some work on the lighting and maybe that will help.

Back
Top Bottom