Eating to Nourish the Body

Found an article... http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/19/AR2010101905232.html?nav%3Dhcmodule&sub=AR?g=0

Says
that the HRT used by menopausal women boosts the risk of (breast) cancer...

So, question... what's the difference (besides species) between HRT hormones and what they use on food animals?

Is it remotely the same thing, so this article means hormones in food = higher cancer risk....
Or is it totally a different thing and it's just a warning to not use HRT?
(and steer clear of hormoney food for the OTHER reasons)

Quote:
Not a clue
idunno.gif
I have not looked at that, since I have not eaten commercial meat except once or twice in the last 4 years. And that started before I knew all the nasty stuff.

I would not worry about what naturally occurs in animal foods at all. Historically it has not been an issue.
Cancer is in many respects a modern disease as well, though I am sure its been around in some form for a long time. It has just been given breeding area far more extensive then ever.

ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Joined the local Yahoo group and whatta ya know there's a Co-Op ish thing right here in my town. I say ISH because this lady organizes buying for a bunch... benefits her and us... all get lower prices... but she makes the trip to the dairy and then we can pick up. Raw Milk, Raw cheese, etc. but also go in together on purchasing from organic catalogs too. She's also planning a square foot gardening meeting/lecture for (schedule permitting) November!

How awesome is that!?!?!? Thank you Internet!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

I can about guarentee that you can find a local WAPF chapter as well.
Have a local person to help in finding and implementing traditional foods is a huge bonus.

Not anything most in this topic don't know, but an interesting read anyways...

http://www.thedailygreen.com/enviro...el&dom=yah_green&tpc=&src=syn&con=art&mag=tdg

Forgot to mention... today's "snack" yogurt with granola and banana... the kids scarfed it. DS said "This is good!" as he walked away and I said *cleaned out ear* "Did I just hear a kid say that a healthy snack was GOOD?!?!" and he said "Mom, I eat spinach." ... well yeah, shoulda known.

I love my kids.

Last edited:
Quote:
The recipe is not mine. Its from the link at the top of the post.
The texture will be up to what your mouth and teeth prefer
smile.png

Yes, whey can be used, though you will want to use water and some whey.

What dilution should I use? Is whey more acidic than kefir?
idunno.gif

chocolate m'scovy :

Quote:
The recipe is not mine. Its from the link at the top of the post.
The texture will be up to what your mouth and teeth prefer
smile.png

Yes, whey can be used, though you will want to use water and some whey.

What dilution should I use? Is whey more acidic than kefir?
idunno.gif

Ya know, I'm not sure.....I know when we soak nuts, we cover them with water, and then add 1/4 cup of whey ( raw, not pasturized )
but I think you might want to do 1/2 and 1/2.
The comments under the section in the blog post this came from is fairly extensive (90 odd comments I think) so you might check there.

chocolate m'scovy :

Fret not, Paula, our whey is unpasteurized. All those good ol' healthy microbes just waiting for employment...
ya.gif

big_smile.png
I never know for sure who I am relating this stuff to, so I tend to cover tidbits like that ad nauseum
sickbyc.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom