🦚🦆🦃🐔
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
sad.png
When trying to insert a smiley the editor places the smiley at the beginning of the text. If I copy and paste it here "
sad.png
" it's fine.

Easily reproducible.

Windows 10 Pro
Edge 14

-Kathy

The emoticon at the start of the text on a reply has been happening for me for many months.

I did not report it as I usually type my response in Word and then paste into the reply box and add the emoticons and they appear where they should.

I have not encountered the same issue with images.

Google Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87
Windows 10 Pro

Did this just start happening?

Did your browser get automatically updated?

This is the first time I've used edge, so I don't know... However, I have seen this bug before on my iPad, but I was too lazy to report it, and it seems fine on the iPad now. :idunno

As for auto updates? Not sure, but I'll ask DH, he'll know.

-Kathy

Edited to add:
There's also a problem with spell check, but I still need to get some screen shots of that.

Last edited:
balnce
batalion
begining
belif
belive
beneficil
benfited
boudaries
Britan
busines

in Chrome

In Edge:

-Kathy

The insertion of the emoji's at the beginning of text has done that to me since I first started using Edge, close to a year ago.

Sometimes, Edge will even cause the text editor to type backwards! You start typing, and the letters actually appear right to left, instead of left to right.

I couldn't use Edge at all for BYC. It works fine for most websites, but not BYC. If you click on Tools (or maybe options?), Edge gives you the option of opening in Internet Explorer. That's what I have continued to do.

The insertion of the emoji's at the beginning of text has done that to me since I first started using Edge, close to a year ago.

Sometimes, Edge will even cause the text editor to type backwards! You start typing, and the letters actually appear right to left, instead of left to right.

I couldn't use Edge at all for BYC. It works fine for most websites, but not BYC. If you click on Tools (or maybe options?), Edge gives you the option of opening in Internet Explorer. That's what I have continued to do.
Where is the tools/options located?

Back
Top Bottom