EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I said it wrong. Duckling was walking in, and I sent the post before reading it.
The Serrano peppers weren’t coming up. I finally planted the last four seeds, hoping I’d done something stupid with the first 20 or so seeds. Maybe they slipped very far down when watering them. The store bought bell and jalapeño seeds were growing like crazy, so I suspected the Amazon seller was not so trustworthy.
Whatever made the peppers start to grow, I’m grateful! I’ve come to rely on them for my chili. There’s a nursery by OneMountainAcres that sells the started plants, but they are very far away, and likely not open this year.

If you're talking about the Shadowbox in Ebensburg, the owner retired last year. It's been closed for a while now.

Hey CC thanks for the egg article. Well will be storing some like that this year.
You're welcome. Glad to share it.
I highly recommend hoarding eggs in late July, August and September for the dearth of eggs to follow unless one has first season pullets.
First time chicken keepers are always at a loss when their egg machines shut down in the second autumn wondering if something is wrong when they have to buy store eggs.

Looks like you have some rain coming your way.

Yes I was planning on using the September eggs.
2 inches as of yesterday morning. It rained hard all day after that. I forgot to check gauge this am.
There will be quite a few surprised new chicken owners from the rush to buy chicks. Clueless
You're welcome. Glad to share it.
I highly recommend hoarding eggs in late July, August and September for the dearth of eggs to follow unless one has first season pullets.
First time chicken keepers are always at a loss when their egg machines shut down in the second autumn wondering if something is wrong when they have to buy store eggs.

Looks like you have some rain coming your way.

I desperately hope that I actually get to pick apples this year.
Johnny is full size, and planted seven or eight years ago. No apples yet. Red was planted five years ago this year. Six apples last year that got buggy at the last minute (rain was constantly washing the pesticides off), and a few the year before.
My apple tree finally gave up the ghost. Cedar apple rust got it early. I'm thinking about getting another variety or two that are resistant to it.
Yes I was planning on using the September eggs.
2 inches as of yesterday morning. It rained hard all day after that. I forgot to check gauge this am.
There will be quite a few surprised new chicken owners from the rush to buy chicks. Clueless
You just reminded me that I need to film a video on what to expect for the people that decided it was a good idea to panic buy chicks. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom