"Educational" Incubator success??

McKenley5

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 9, 2011
My son's 7th grade science class is trying to hatch eggs. I purchased the fertile eggs from a local farm and they were set on April 10th. They purchased the incubator this year from a school supply catalog. It is made of styrofoam and the temp seems high to me (sometimes at 105), of course, who can say how accurate the thermometer is??

My question is this: Can anyone share a success story with me about one of these educational incubators.

I am just worried that the only education that may come of this is that THEY DON'T ALWAYS HATCH??!!??
th.gif

Thanks in advance for any help/advise.

I have only used a Brinsea Mini Advance. I trust them more that the styrofoam ones.

I did hatch eggs with my brinsea at a preschool and had a 6/7 hatch rate. The kids (and the teachers, and the parents, and the siblings...) were thrilled.

I'm 8 days in on hatching at the local elementary school, and so far, all 7 are doing fantastic.

105 is definitely way too high for incubating eggs, and if they stay at that temperature for very long, it will kill them. You may want to get a more accurate thermometer that you trust.

Back
Top Bottom