EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
I have 2 EEs, from MPC. They just turned 8 weeks old this week.

Here is Sassafras-

At 1 day
47159_ee_sass_2.jpg

1 week
47159_sassafras1_1week.jpg

3 weeks
47159_3_wo_sassafrass_5.jpg

5 weeks
47159_5_wo_sassafrass_2.jpg

8 weeks
47159_sassafrass_2_mo.jpg

And Lola-

At 1 day (on left)
47159_p1030755.jpg

1 week
47159_lola2_1_week.jpg

3 weeks
47159_3_wo_lola2.jpg

5 weeks
47159_5_wo_lola.jpg

8 weeks
47159_lola_2_mo.jpg

I have just GOT TO GET AN EE!!!!! They are such beautiful birds. I only want one!! Promise!!
hide.gif

(hmmmm, there's already 48 chickens in my yard now, what's ONE MORE??)

I am so jealous, everyone's EE's are soooooo gorgeous.

could someone explain or show an example of what "partridge" means....and "Duckwing".... and other color terms often used. I think I know Splash.

Quote:
neat feather pattern !!!!

in regards to your double yolker, I've had those, BUT.......my hubby had the best surprise when he cracked open my 21 week old wyandotte pullets very oversized egg, a triple yolker !!!!!! I should have taken a pic. But, never thought too at the time.

I have *counting in my head* 5 EEs and I just love the variation. My first two are Rebecca, I guess she's a "partridge" colored EE, Carl the accidental rooster who is hard to describe but he's very handsome. The next EE is Gilda, a sort of white and golden splashed gal. VERY pretty, but with a REALLY long neck. She looks pretty ridiculous when she stands up tall and peers at something - the cheek puffs make that pose even more silly looking.

Then there are two bantam EEs, Angel - mostly white with faint gold speckling, sort of - and Emma who started white but has morphed into a dusky white and grey mix overall, with a white band around her neck with little speckles of grey.

OH! I nearly forgot the sixth EE! My first GrandChick, hatched out of Rebecca's egg, and she looks JUST LIKE her biological mother as she was growing up. Buffy hatched her, so Samantha (GrandChick) and Buffy are a team as they free range. Big ol' Buff Orp and this growing, partridge colored EE hanging out together. Adorable.

Love the variations in EEs.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, three of mine from MPC look like Sassafrass and I have two white ones, one of which looks like Lola, but not as much tan, and the other is still solid white. The other two are gorgeous. One is blue with yellow starting to show in her neck feathers and the other is a beautiful yellow/wheaten (?) with black speckles. She's got beautiful "Cleopatra" eyeliner and cheek feathers.
love.gif
These are my first EE's and they're a month old today. I was going to just keep four of them because I also got 8 Speckled Sussex at the same time, but man, it's getting harder because they are all just the most friendly little things. I'll try to get some pics today.

Back
Top Bottom