Eeeewwwww!!!!!

mommissan

Songster
9 Years
Jul 4, 2011
Adirondacks
Okay. I was in denial. My birds would NEVER get worms! So, I saw one in a poop the other day. Can't be that bad right? I mean, they are all healthy robust birds that lay an egg almost every day! So, I just gave them the piperazine in their water this morning. 2 hours later, BAM! I've got spaghetti poop everywhere!
sickbyc.gif

Thanks all you BYC folks for all the good info. If it weren't for you guys, I would have just gone along happily in denial, until all my birds were dead. Dosage was a demon, since the local feed store only had canine/feline piperazine. Thank god for algebra! I have Safeguard on order to administer in two weeks and I guess we'll have to suffer eating store bought eggs for the next month.
hit.gif

I can't stress enough to everyone, DEWORM regularly!!!! I will from now on!

OMG when does it end?!?!?! i just inspected them all and discovered one has lice too! Okay. Off to the hardware store for some sevin dust. Grrrrrr...
he.gif

Good job for noticing these things before your flock got sick.
clap.gif
They are a nuisance, but just one of the routine maintenance tasks that chickens need to stay in the peak of health.

Nice work. Good luck.

Ewww is right. I hate seeing a worm in the poo. Don't feel bad. My neighbor's chickens are 3-4 years old and have never been wormed or deloused. It took me months to get him to stop feeding scratch and the hens need Layer.

You'll get thru it.

Worst part was, after they pooped all those worms out, my dopey roo picked one out of a pile and ran around with it, then ate it. I know that eating an adult roundworm won't hurt him but YUUUCKKK!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom