Englishable

Songster
Apr 24, 2016
UP of Michigan
We have some Rouens that are laying really well right now. According to Metzer, Rouens lay about 35% blue/green eggs, and we are getting about that from our five hens. But my husband and I want to know:

Do some ducks lay all blue eggs or do all ducks lay some blue eggs? :) For example, if you had 100 hens, would 35 always lay blue eggs, or if a hen laid 100 eggs would 35 of them be blue? We had been getting one blue egg every day (and anywhere from 3-5 eggs each day) but today we had two blue eggs out of four. We're just curious what the percentage refers to. Thanks!

We have some Rouens that are laying really well right now. According to Metzer, Rouens lay about 35% blue/green eggs, and we are getting about that from our five hens. But my husband and I want to know:

Do some ducks lay all blue eggs or do all ducks lay some blue eggs? :) For example, if you had 100 hens, would 35 always lay blue eggs, or if a hen laid 100 eggs would 35 of them be blue? We had been getting one blue egg every day (and anywhere from 3-5 eggs each day) but today we had two blue eggs out of four. We're just curious what the percentage refers to. Thanks!
I dont own ducks but I do own chickens and I know that if a chicken lays a white egg for example, thats the only colour she'll ever lay. The same goes for blue/green. If a chicken lays a blue egg she will continue laying that colour. So basically if I answer your question: some ducks lay all blue eggs. Hope that helped:)

I dont own ducks but I do own chickens and I know that if a chicken lays a white egg for example, thats the only colour she'll ever lay. The same goes for blue/green. If a chicken lays a blue egg she will continue laying that colour. So basically if I answer your question: some ducks lay all blue eggs. Hope that helped:)

Awesome, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom