Egg got cracked day 26

Sounds good. I don’t think a carton is necessary, unless it just makes you feel better.

Once the blood vessels recede, you should be able to open the membrane a little more. Just do it gradually and wait for him to try to start attempting to get out on his own. It could be like this for another day or even two!

Don’t stress though, we’re here for ya!

Thank you! It’s been problem after problem. First I had a mallard egg that was shrink wrapped, why I knew about the Neosporin. Then i had one of my shipped eggs make it to day 24 to find that the membrane grew around it’s middle and it had malformed then the only one of my shipped eggs to make it to the end knocked a blood vessel on the way out so that was scary. Now this. I’m having a bit of bad luck. both the babies that hatched are fine FYI just scared me! Hoping For things to go a bit smoother here on out.

Sure hope this little one makes it out safe and sound.
I think it will, since it pipped the blood vessels have gone down quite a bit. And it’s moving I just plan to touch it as little as possible but there is no blood and his movement seems pretty good. I’m kinda trying to talk my self into being calm about it if you can’t tell. Lol

I think it will, since it pipped the blood vessels have gone down quite a bit. And it’s moving I just plan to touch it as little as possible but there is no blood and his movement seems pretty good. I’m kinda trying to talk my self into being calm about it if you can’t tell. Lol

I hear ya! The worst part about duck incubation is the last couple of days. They look ready to "pop" but there might be a day or two left. And if there's something going on with them... Double the anxiety!

Sounds like your baby is doing well! Hopefully he'll keep it up and hatch normally.

I hear ya! The worst part about duck incubation is the last couple of days. They look ready to "pop" but there might be a day or two left. And if there's something going on with them... Double the anxiety!

Sounds like your baby is doing well! Hopefully he'll keep it up and hatch normally.
Thanks! The other two non broken eggs have internally pipped as well!! So he is on track with the others. I still haven’t heard any peeps but I see bills in the air cells!!! I’m so glad they all seem in position. Hopefully within the next couple days I’ll have some friends for my lone blue baby. :fl

Thank you! It’s been problem after problem. First I had a mallard egg that was shrink wrapped, why I knew about the Neosporin. Then i had one of my shipped eggs make it to day 24 to find that the membrane grew around it’s middle and it had malformed then the only one of my shipped eggs to make it to the end knocked a blood vessel on the way out so that was scary. Now this. I’m having a bit of bad luck. both the babies that hatched are fine FYI just scared me! Hoping For things to go a bit smoother here on out.
but just think of all the stuff you have learned! Just being a smart ass here. I'm struggling with a hatch right now too. I feel you!

but just think of all the stuff you have learned! Just being a smart ass here. I'm struggling with a hatch right now too. I feel you!
True, I’m trying so hard not to assist any more than I need to. I do a lot of fostering and rehabbing kittens, puppies, turtles random other animals and most of the time my meddling is helpful. Just sitting on my hands is driving me up the wall. The incubating is awesome, ducklings awesome, actual hatching blah, I don’t like to not be in control :barnie.

One of the eggs pipped externally then passed. I think there may have been bacteria in the egg?? It had a bit of darker fluid surrounding the baby. The cracked egg and the other don’t have any fluid and seem to be doing fine. It was beautifully marked of course. I hate that it made it all this way just to pass.

Back
Top Bottom