Egg got cracked day 26

The 3 week old would probably work but I'd put them in separate brooders so they can see each other or in the same brooder with a divider so they can see each other just for a few days. To see how the Cayuga acts towards the little one. It should go fine after they have been together a few days. Keep them separate and when you can watch let them be together.
Or let this one grow up and find an adult always up to you.

So sorry you lost the others. :(
Okay I’ll try it out with these guys. The woman is very nice and said I can bring my little guy and we can have a test run. Should I get one or two?

Okay I’ll try it out with these guys. The woman is very nice and said I can bring my little guy and we can have a test run. Should I get one or two?
Oh I’m pretty sure I actually have a female. I tried the vent checking but I’m not exactly a pro. Lol

Actually I'd get 2 that way if something was to happen [God forbid] you wouldn't be left with one duckling again. How old is Your duckling? And I'll share this 12 yrs ago I had a gosling hatch by my Muscovy duck, well I vent sexed and had myself convinced I had a female, evidently I didn't know what I was doing yep you guessed it that lil gosling turned out to be a gander. He is now 12 yrs old. Don't expect instant love here, the two older one may pick at the newbie [yours] so if you take yours for a play date ya'll have them meet in a place in her home or outside that the other 2 haven't been so they are on level playing field. Still may take a few days to get them together as a flock. Look forward to hearing how this goes. :fl

Actually I'd get 2 that way if something was to happen [God forbid] you wouldn't be left with one duckling again. How old is Your duckling? And I'll share this 12 yrs ago I had a gosling hatch by my Muscovy duck, well I vent sexed and had myself convinced I had a female, evidently I didn't know what I was doing yep you guessed it that lil gosling turned out to be a gander. He is now 12 yrs old. Don't expect instant love here, the two older one may pick at the newbie [yours] so if you take yours for a play date ya'll have them meet in a place in her home or outside that the other 2 haven't been so they are on level playing field. Still may take a few days to get them together as a flock. Look forward to hearing how this goes. :fl
I got a new friend. I went to pick up the Cayugas and it turns out one was between 2-3 weeks the others were even older. So I got the smaller one and the woman said she is hatching some silver appleyards and the woman I got my hatching eggs from offered to give me another Ancona that is feathering so I figured I’d wait till these two got bigger then I’d add a third so they can have a small flock. Then next spring I’ll try again. I set up a temporary brooder out of an extra pack n play lol This is the first meeting and my poor little one is terrified and the Cayuga just wants to cuddle his new friend. Every time I pick up the little baby the Cayuga goes bananas like I’m going to eat him or something lol.
761E7F6B-D500-43C9-B071-E7FCB05D5F73.jpeg

Attachments

• 955AE4FE-C19E-4FB0-8C74-1AE099F4EA1E.jpeg
    955AE4FE-C19E-4FB0-8C74-1AE099F4EA1E.jpeg
    440.3 KB · Views: 3
It shouldn’t take long. They will be sitting right next to each other on opposite sides of the fence in no time! (I hope!) :fl
lol it didn’t even take a night. I went to let them free together to see how they did. Well the big one is super sweet with the baby, hated me but after some forced love and quiet talking our little hang out ended with the little baby sleeping in my hands and the big baby sleeping halfway off my lap. The funny thing is the little one is the only one doing any pecking. He is very into shiny things and started going at the cayugas bill and feet. The big gut took it like a champ. Now they are inseparable. If I try to take the little baby the big one gets real upsets. He is actually following the baby that’s how I got them to both sleep on me. :love

It shouldn’t take long. They will be sitting right next to each other on opposite sides of the fence in no time! (I hope!) :fl
lol it didn’t even take a night. I went to let them free together to see how they did. Well the big one is super sweet with the baby, hated me but after some forced love and quiet talking our little hang out ended with the little baby sleeping in my hands and the big baby sleeping halfway off my lap. The funny thing is the little one is the only one doing any pecking. He is very into shiny things and started going at the cayugas bill and feet. The big guy took it like a champ. Now they are inseparable. If I try to take the little baby the big one gets real upset. He is actually following the baby that’s how I got them to both sleep on me. :love

Back
Top Bottom