They even get French toast left overs when I make French toast, spoiled, but not fat. 😊
This is NOT doing your flock any favors.

I'm not a fan of processed feed either. I'm Paleo. BUT the birds need a properly balanced diet and that is what you get with a commercially blended feed. Some commercial feeds are better than others IMO. If you want to improve on that, ferment it. My flock eats half fermented Flock Raiser, with enough dry in a trough to snack on when the fermented feed bowl is gone so they have enough to eat for the day.

By feeding all the scraps without doing an analysis on the nutrients by wt and feeding accordingly, you are causing your birds to have an out of balance, deficient diet. Oftentimes the road to hell is paved with good intensions and this is one of those occasions.

The birds should be given no more than 1 or 2 tablespoons max per day of treats per bird. Bread and pasta are about the worst thing you can give them. Yes, they love it. Yes, I feed it. Whenever I have to dose the birds with something it goes into a small piece of bread that I feed them. That's the only time they get bread.

You want to give them a treat this time of year? Pop open a tin of sardines and hand feed that to them about three times a week.

This is NOT doing your flock any favors.

I'm not a fan of processed feed either. I'm Paleo. BUT the birds need a properly balanced diet and that is what you get with a commercially blended feed. Some commercial feeds are better than others IMO. If you want to improve on that, ferment it. My flock eats half fermented Flock Raiser, with enough dry in a trough to snack on when the fermented feed bowl is gone so they have enough to eat for the day.

By feeding all the scraps without doing an analysis on the nutrients by wt and feeding accordingly, you are causing your birds to have an out of balance, deficient diet. Oftentimes the road to hell is paved with good intensions and this is one of those occasions.

The birds should be given no more than 1 or 2 tablespoons max per day of treats per bird. Bread and pasta are about the worst thing you can give them. Yes, they love it. Yes, I feed it. Whenever I have to dose the birds with something it goes into a small piece of bread that I feed them. That's the only time they get bread.

You want to give them a treat this time of year? Pop open a tin of sardines and hand feed that to them about three times a week.
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom