Eggbound? Help!

Miaowmiaowz

In the Brooder
May 20, 2022
My lavander orpington hasn't laid in 2 days but has been going in and out of the nesting box. I noticed her behind is bloody today. She's acting normal and eating. Is she eggbound? I just gave her a espsom salt bath. Help!

Attachments

• 20230202_193241.jpg
    20230202_193241.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
My lavander orpington hasn't laid in 2 days but has been going in and out of the nesting box. I noticed her vent is bloody today. She's acting normal and eating. Is she eggbound? I just gave her a espsom salt bath. Help!
Not sure, but that looks like other chickens picked at her butt. The wound us above the vent.

You're right, is there something I can put on it ? Should I keep her away from the other hens?
I think some triple antibiotic ointment would suffice. Keep her away from the others until she heals. Keep a close eye on it and look out for infection.
What is your roosting situation? How many birds do you have? How large is your coop?

I think some triple antibiotic ointment would suffice. Keep her away from the others until she heals. Keep a close eye on it and look out for infection.
What is your roosting situation? How many birds do you have? How large is your coop?
I have 10 hens and just got rid of my rooster a few days ago. He was really rough on the hens

Are your roosts situated in a way that would allow a lower row to peck at the butts of those on a higher roost?
They all sleep on the higher roost. I have a 5x7 coop with a 200sqft run. They have a ton of room. Maybe they're pecking to re establish a order since the roosters gone? I don't see them pecking eachother that often though

Back
Top Bottom