Oh, I was getting a little worried. Their hutch is a bunny hutch and is on the covered patio, I try take the out in the sun every day.

I believe it would be best if they had access to the full natural light cycle. If you can’t uncover them to experience the full length of the day, you can run a string of Christmas lights in their hutch on a timer to light them all day.

The way they know when to start laying is that the days get longer, but if you uncover them at lets say 9am, they don’t know the sun has been rising at 6 lately, and they think it isn’t spring yet.

They should be laying already I would think. They might need more light. Mine are a little short on light right now and 2 out of 25 started laying at 6.5 weeks. They are now 7 weeks. My males started crowing around 5.5-6 weeks.

They should be laying already I would think. They might need more light. Mine are a little short on light right now and 2 out of 25 started laying at 6.5 weeks. They are now 7 weeks. My males started crowing around 5.5-6 weeks.
Oh, I was getting a little worried. Their hutch is a bunny hutch and is on the covered patio, I try take the out in the sun every day.

I believe it would be best if they had access to the full natural light cycle. If you can’t uncover them to experience the full length of the day, you can run a string of Christmas lights in their hutch on a timer to light them all day.

The way they know when to start laying is that the days get longer, but if you uncover them at lets say 9am, they don’t know the sun has been rising at 6 lately, and they think it isn’t spring yet.
So they are on the porch, and they should be able to see the full day cycle. I also don’t cover them at night, am I supposed to? If they don’t start laying soon I’ll set up a string of Christmas lights in there, any light suggestions that I should use?

Back
Top Bottom