Eggs not Hatching

MarshallW

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2022
Hi,
It is my first time hatching eggs and so far, 1 out of 4 eggs has hatched. There is definitely development in the unhatched eggs as I have seen through candling but no pips yet. I may have stopped turning early as I was away from home when the eggs were layed and were unable to date them. I have heard it can take up to 30 days for some eggs to hatch. Temp and humidity have been ok but I thought that with one chick having hatched, the others would follow. Also the chick has been knocking the other eggs over and I’m worried that, if the others are just not ready yet, that this turning has effected them.
Should I wait?
Should I take the chick out?
I may be over thinking but please help!

They were set on the 10th of this month and already had some noticeable development before that, maybe between 3 - 5 days comparing candling to any videos or guides I had seen. A Broody was sat on them but had moved of her eggs and we had to move them to the incubator.

Maybe try turning the humidity up? If the hatched chick is fluffy and dry you could try to move it into a brooder. It’s great that there is development in the other eggs! Keep candling them and try to wait a little longer, hope they hatch soon!

The chick is dry as it has been in for almost 2 days now. I was hoping that it would encourage the others to hatch. I will move it and try turning the humidity up. Thanks!

The chick is dry as it has been in for almost 2 days now. I was hoping that it would encourage the others to hatch. I will move it and try turning the humidity up. Thanks!
You could also try checking what breed your chick is so that you can check the hatching period and humidity if you haven’t all ready.

Good luck!
Quail Kingdom

Back
Top Bottom