Eggs Wobbling/No pip....Help please!!!

We have our first chick
jumpy.gif
With another zipping now and another pipped
celebrate.gif

OK, HELP PLEASE!!! I just noticed another is pipped but its on the side, towards the middle but between the middle of the egg and the small pointy end....do I need to help this one?? He is still wobbling so I know right now he is fine...when should I help if I need to??

OK, HELP PLEASE!!! I just noticed another is pipped but its on the side, towards the middle but between the middle of the egg and the small pointy end....do I need to help this one?? He is still wobbling so I know right now he is fine...when should I help if I need to??
It's my understanding that you should never help a chick out of their egg. If they can't do it themselves then it's likely they're too weak to live anyways. That's my take on it though, but unless you don't mind taking care of a disabled chick & give it special needs as an adult, I would just let nature take its course. (One of the hardest things to do, imo out of all chicken-raising)

It's my understanding that you should never help a chick out of their egg. If they can't do it themselves then it's likely they're too weak to live anyways. That's my take on it though, but unless you don't mind taking care of a disabled chick & give it special needs as an adult, I would just let nature take its course. (One of the hardest things to do, imo out of all chicken-raising)
That's what my husband said so Im just waiting. Thank you bunches

I wish you the best. Keep patient! Do some chores or write a story or something to get your mind off it for now. :D
Im actually getting ready to leave for a bit to go to the local chicken sale...so that'll help some. But Im sure Ill be calling my daughter every so often wanting to know if another has hatched LOL

Im actually getting ready to leave for a bit to go to the local chicken sale...so that'll help some. But Im sure Ill be calling my daughter every so often wanting to know if another has hatched LOL
That sounds like a plan! Just make sure she knows not to open them up either. :)

Best of luck w/ the chicken sale! (like actual live hens? or eggs/meat?)

That sounds like a plan! Just make sure she knows not to open them up either. :)

Best of luck w/ the chicken sale! (like actual live hens? or eggs/meat?)
Thank you and will do
wink.png
The sale has it all from general household items, to eating eggs, to hatching eggs, chicks, to full grown chickens of every breed

That sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't looked into my new area yet (moving this summer) but I'll keep out for a similar type of event. Thank you for making it known to me. Have lots of fun!

Back
Top Bottom