51724D9E-3C93-4731-BCA9-0033A32E3527.jpeg

Beautiful babies! Any chance you could try some emergency measure for #4? It seems like if it hasn't hatched by now and it's still alive it might need help.... Or let nature run its course.
Well I don't really know what to do regarding this... I thought of it but not sure I'm skilled enough to be able to pull it off...

Kudos to you for hatching these babies! Creativity adds excitement to something already bursting with excitement! I didn't have a heat lamp either. I flattened empty soda bottles and filled them with warm water. I put an old t shirt over them. This was in half the tub, the other half was shavings. If I wished for more warmth, every so often I would take a hair dryer over the whole tub on low so as not to stir up the dust. At night time I put them in a smaller box with warm water bottles and covered it to retain the heat. I think the t shirt became their security blanket. When I wanted to graduate them from the tub because it became too warm for the water, they all stood with heads pointed up, peeping as loud as they could.I could see they were uncomfortable and I tried different things to no avail. When I gave them an old shirt, they sat on it and were quiet!

Omg you will not believe it!!! The 4th chick is still alive! I made a safety hole and no chirping was heard. 20 h later I peeled the top layer of the air pocket and the membrane was white and wrapped are the chick. The picture shows halfway through moistening with coconut oil.
Once moistened I put the egg back in the incubator.
Crazy excited!!! It's just unbelievable! That's what means not giving up :jumpy:D :eek:!!!
EC1CF523-D299-4F66-8C44-DFB87B711B71.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom