emergency please need help ASAP (Oh no.. now Mr perty is feeling bad)Graphic description

Quote:
Just incase you need to know you give a bantom hen 0.03mls and a large fowl 0.04mls, you go by there weight & size so you will probley need the 0.04mls. Inject into the left breast and wait 24 hours before injecting into the right breast. Hope you dont ever need this advice but just incase. So sorry about your loss hun
hugs.gif

Deerman i checked for gap worm earler and saw nothing but i kept the head and decided to take another look well what i found was some of puss in her lower jaw behind her toung, i was able to pull it out of that hole by winding it on a very small stick.

So i guess my poor girl sufficated from the swelling inside her lower sinus cavity, i did not see it during autopsy becasue what little was in her crop was draining into her mouth as i had her hannging upside down.

At least i have an answer now but i sure wished there would have been an outward sign so i could have got a treatment started, they sure go fast.

She was fine yesterday morning and did not notice her acting out of the ordinary till the late evening
sad.png

Thank you all for the kind words i do have 3 of her sisters here so mabe one will step up and take her place in my heart.

Oh what a horrible way to start off a new year
hit.gif
I'm so sorry you lost her Zaz, she was so beautiful. At least you know that you gave her a fabulous life from day one and we all know you would have saved her if you could have. With so little warning, so few signs/symptoms and then losing her so fast I'd be a complete nut case watching all my other birds for a while until I was sure they were all ok. I know it's not good to give antibiotics unless they are needed, but man I'd sure be tempted to pen everybody up treat them all just in case, ugh. Maybe at least mix a bunch of fresh chopped garlic into their goodies a couple times a day? (I know some don't believe in the benefits of garlic.. but I do!).

Hopefully none of the others come down with the same thing, and at least, thanks to the necropsy you do have some closure on what took her...
hugs.gif

Quote:
Thanks Peeps
i do not know if this stuff can spread thre her droppings or not but she had no dischrge or swelling of the head so i don;t think she was dripping anything on the ground where it could have been ingested by the other birds here.

I have way to may birds to try and treat the entife flocks unless i tried the mixing tylan in water and i have no large pen to contain everyone at one time to keep them from drinking from the ponds and puddles from all the rain
hu.gif

Deerman can could my other birds catch this stuff from her? like geese,guines,chickens and peas .

Back
Top Bottom