emergency please need help ASAP (Oh no.. now Mr perty is feeling bad)Graphic description

Fish zole is also known as Flagyl.
Peafowl peeps use it for treatment for Blackhead.

The aquariam enthusiasts are selling it on ebay without a prescription requirement
so it will be under fish supplies.

I dont know if Jeffers, DRsFosterSmith, or Cutler Supply.

I've seen on here that people said you could get it at Walmart in the
Fish Supply section but ours in La Junta nor Pueblo had it.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply...I have been busy here at home crashing after school but one day at school I saw this topic but forgot my BYC password...Anyways I am soooo sorry for your loss! Lady Di was so beautiful and I know you really really loved her! I hope your other peafowl will not meet the same unusual fate. A few days after your Di died, one of my little white peachick started looking a little lethargic. I think it was from the cold. She wouldn't eat the normal food I feed them and I got worried. Last time I saw a peachick like that I had to give it some safeguard but I decided to just keep an eye on her since I had recently given all the peafowl safeguard. I decided to grab some dandelion leaves growing in the yard to the little white peachick, and she came to life snatching the greens and eating them and yesterday was when I gave her the greens and today she looked like she was never looking bad at all! I really hope the other peachicks you have can fill that place Lady Di had in your heart. After Dragon died raising Peep really helped comfort me and Peep has a very special place in my heart.
smile.png

Quote:
I have never heard of using metronidazole for gapeworm, just for blackhead. Fish Zole (Metronidazole) is an antibiotic, not an anthelmintic...

hide.gif
rant.gif
hide.gif
rant.gif
hide.gif
rant.gif
hide.gif
rant.gif
hide.gif
rant.gif
hide.gif
rant.gif
hide.gif
rant.gif

MY WAY BAD -

Fish Zole or Metronidazole exerts a bactericidal action on gram positive and some gram negative bacteria.
Used for Blackhead: Histomonas melagridis is a protozoan parasite that acts
together with facultative bacteria to produce the condition of Blackhead.
Symptoms of blackhead:
•Poor appetite, disinterest
•Poor growth
•Sulphur-yellow diarrhea
•Blue color to the head
•Blood in faeces
•Progressive depression and emaciation
Treatment with FishZole:
3 tablets per gallon of water for 3 days. Mix a fresh dose each day.

Gape worm Treatment:
SageGuard for goats (Liquid):
3cc per gal of water for 3 days then repeat in 14 days.
Mix a fresh dose each day.

Ivermectin:
½ cc (bird over 1 year) given as shot just under the skin (between shoulder blades)
or as drench down the throat.

I hope this clears this up,,,,
When I am wrong I will admit it.
sickbyc.gif
hu.gif

Dang it typed a whole page while eating my lunch and tried to post a photo with it
barnie.gif
and the whole post dissapered because i has hit cancle on the as the code was wrong when i previed the post , i will write about it later, i have to get busy.

Ugh, sorry to hear Mr Perty isn't feeling well, crossing my fingers you don't lose him too
fl.gif

Last edited:
hide.gif
rant.gif
hide.gif
rant.gif
hide.gif
rant.gif
hide.gif
rant.gif
hide.gif
rant.gif
hide.gif
rant.gif
hide.gif
rant.gif

MY WAY BAD -

Fish Zole or Metronidazole exerts a bactericidal action on gram positive and some gram negative bacteria.
Used for Blackhead: Histomonas melagridis is a protozoan parasite that acts
together with facultative bacteria to produce the condition of Blackhead.
Symptoms of blackhead:
•Poor appetite, disinterest
•Poor growth
•Sulphur-yellow diarrhea
•Blue color to the head
•Blood in faeces
•Progressive depression and emaciation
Treatment with FishZole:
3 tablets per gallon of water for 3 days. Mix a fresh dose each day.

Gape worm Treatment:
SageGuard for goats (Liquid):
3cc per gal of water for 3 days then repeat in 14 days.
Mix a fresh dose each day.

Ivermectin:
½ cc (bird over 1 year) given as shot just under the skin (between shoulder blades)
or as drench down the throat.

I hope this clears this up,,,,
When I am wrong I will admit it.
sickbyc.gif
hu.gif

Glad you caught the mistake, you made want to go back and edit those past post. just in case somebody doesn't treat for gape worms with fish zole. above infor is correct. but sometime people don't read the whole thread.

Back
Top Bottom