End Of The World 5/21/11!!!!!!

Having grown up in a church that preaches the rapture and having friends that sold everything (home-clothing-business) I think that those that want to preach they know when the end is coming that they stop and read their bible again.

As GiddyMoon wrote:

'No one knows the day or hour. The angels in heaven don't know, and the Son himself doesn't know. Only the Father knows.' Matthew 24:36

And for those of you with children growing up in similar churches, can I say that I cried myself to sleep many nights because I was so worried I would never get to be an adult, have kids etc.

Faith and Hope are good things! But fear and dread is not the way to inspire. The unfortunate thing in all of this, is other people will have sold all or feel that they were not good enough. My friends that sold all, ended up being a family of 5 living in a bread truck.

I don't believe in the rapture, does this mean I'll become instantly evil and try to kill the survivors, or become instantly good and Christian and forget my mother's people's culture and tens religious beliefs that are tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of years old, after the rapture like in the "Left Behind" series? Yay total personality change!

what if I don't want to join either side and stick to tending my chickens and crops and being compassionate to anything that comes through my yard?

*wanders off to ponder all this*

Quote:
If zombies are involved, skip the shotgun and get FPSRussia. Problem solved.

lol that works too! on the description thing the place were he got his ammo americanspecialtyammo.com they have a shotgun shell called Rock Salt for 12 guage heres the description

FOR USE AGAINST GHOSTS, ZOMBIES, AND DEMONS ONLY!!! NOT EFFECTIVE AGAINST VAMPIRES AND WEREWOLVES!!!! NEVER TO BE USED AGAINST THE LIVING. NOVELTY USE ONLY.

sounds good to me!

Quote:
The bible says lots of things people ignore, or interpret differently than others to further their own goals, including people like that Megalomaniac who claims the world will end today.

but then with any religion and written text you will find different interpretations of it.

Last edited:
My DW was telling me about some old man that believed the malarky and cashed in the rest of his retirement savings to buy an add for this guy. It's sad what people do in hopes of a secure after life that nobody really knows if it is there or not.

Well, my parents are very much Christian, and they are visiting us right now, they are planning to leave here next saturday, go to Indiana, then on to Missouri. Doubt they would make such plans if it all ends tomorrow. But as several have said No One Knows When......

Well, since nobody knows the day and time the rapture will occur, the rapture (not the end of the world) could have happened on that date until someone claimed they knew it would happen on that date!
gig.gif

That guy's just another brain washing cult leader like so many others, leading lost peeps this way and that...and counting all his money.
roll.png
Wonder if he thinks he'll take it with him?
tongue.png

Ask yourself this question; If I live like hell and am wrong than I get what I have coming, or if I live a life in harmony with God's word and I am right I have made it. Doing all you say about being compassionate may get you a good life down here on earth but don't confuse that with the offer of life that God has given all of us.
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom