English Shepherd as Poultry Guardian

Maybe it was too heavy otherwise?

Did it dieand lay for a while before he found it? Something might have damaged it too much to save the back
It was out over night. He lost track of it because light levels low. It ran loop and came back almost behind him. There was definitely a weight issue packing it. His dad, my brother, had to help move it and it was still a struggle.

It is White-tailed Deer.

Nice. We only have mule deer where I am. White tail are a few hours away at least.

I think that something might have gotten into it so they didn't keep the damaged parts. Didn't the deer you hit that the dogs got into have it's hind quarters eaten first?

I will ask about it tomorrow, but doubt coyotes of bobcat would cut off both back legs. It would take a whole pack of Coyotes to eat all that overnight. Everyone here is exhausted. My kids must be made ready for going to Montana tomorrow. I am telling them for only a few days, but likely they will be there much longer.

I will ask about it tomorrow, but doubt coyotes of bobcat would cut off both back legs. It would take a whole pack of Coyotes to eat all that overnight. Everyone here is exhausted. My kids must be made ready for going to Montana tomorrow. I am telling them for only a few days, but likely they will be there much longer.
Centra, I'm really sorry your going through all of this. 😢

Nice. We only have mule deer where I am. White tail are a few hours away at least.

I think that something might have gotten into it so they didn't keep the damaged parts. Didn't the deer you hit that the dogs got into have it's hind quarters eaten first?
Deer hind quarters separated so they could pack it out. Weighed over 250 lbs field dressed.

Back
Top Bottom