English Shepherd as Poultry Guardian

Increasingly looks like kids will be going for Montana for more than a few weeks. I am not going to be able to provide parental oversight as a single working parent during academic year. Holidays and summer. This holiday travel very unlikely unless everyone catches and gets over the bug. This is where stomach starts to feel funny. Damn

I'm sorry to see you going through this, losing (even temporarily) the emotional support from the little ones will be difficult, but you know what is best for your family and your situation. Thankfully you have family support, even if it is so distant. Hopefully you can gain a small sense of support through your (invisible) internet friends as you go through these times.

Wife went officially into hospice mode yesterday. I am taking a break after 36 hours to do things that are positive. Dogs and 4 game chickens kept the house in order. Free-range chickens all moved to apple orchard during day, but roosting in plum orchard well on other side of yard. A pullet has been following Honey almost to the barn.

I must get materials to build six sturdier pens. Outgoing birds need to be marked for consumption very potential brood stock. Lawn mower and tiller will be sent to shop for maintenance. Relatives coming to remove old close, medications, clean refrigerator, and through away mattress and box springs.

Dog now not leaving me alone. I am the only human left, hopefully I am not sick too.

Is she at home or....?
Hospital. We allowed by insurance to do so. We were moved out of ICU because hospital filling up with COVID-19. It is amazing to hear people in area not wearing mask and totally denying the pandemic is real. It is like so many people are possessed by aliens. We spent last several months hiding from it while spending to keep economy going.

Kids having trouble with loss of their mother. I think they are mad at me.

Kids having trouble with loss of their mother. I think they are mad at me.
No doubt.
They will be mad and many other emotions.
You are the safest one to be mad at because they know you love them no matter what.
I hope you all can get some counseling.
Did they go to Montana?

No doubt.
They will be mad and many other emotions.
You are the safest one to be mad at because they know you love them no matter what.
I hope you all can get some counseling.
Did they go to Montana?
They arrived in Montana yesterday afternoon. Late Thursday I took them for overnight stay near St. Louis Airport and they departed early the next morning with their aunt (my sister). She promptly took them out for cloths and shoes. We had a lot of trouble keeping them in proper close and shoes because we could not go into stores. They ran around with bare feet like kids before the advent of cars.

Do they know their mom is going to die?
Yes. Final realization of it occurred at Denver Airport while on lay over. That was last time they got to see their mother through any means. They did Face Time with her. They could tell she did not recognize them and they could see something was very wrong. There was a lot of crying shortly after that. Not even an hour later she became unresponsive and hospice was initiated. Last time to that she held a conversation with them was two days prior. Since we took her in the last time, she stopped calling home to talk with them, or me. She also ceased picking up the phone which really started the weekend before she went back into hospital. She lost track of who I was on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom