Escaped donkey story - sad

I had a horse that I really liked, but we could not keep her in without spending thousands of dollars. This little Tank would literally jump through our hot wire, so we put her in the stall with a pipe-gate(corral style gate). Well, she decided she didn't want to be in the stall. I heard a commotion and looked, just in time to see this mare standing on her hind legs, front legs bent bearing down on the top of her gate. She stopped when I came around the corner and gave me the most sickly sweet innocent smile over the now V-shaped gate. I sighed and growled slightly and went to find a lead rope. Come back, the gate was pretzeled and Tank standing in the aisle waiting for me.

We added more hotwire to the fence, to make it harder to climb through so quick and placed her back in the pasture. Walked in the food room the next morning to find the gate to the feed room pretzeled and all the lids off the trashcan.

She lept into the side of our wooden corral, snapping a several boards and then came around again and hit the same spot and was out.

She was impossible. *sigh* I get a headache just thinking about her. I really did like her too.

She was just too clever and determined. If Tank wanted something she was going to get it. She often busted fences and gates, only so she could stand on the other side. I swear she did it just to prove she could.

Silly horse. LOL. So smart it was amazing(and incredibly annoying).

-Kim

Back
Top Bottom