Everyone Post Your Pigeon Pics!!!!!

I am brand new to pigeons, and just got my first ones yesterday, which are 4 homing squeakers about a month old. I pick up 2 more next week (they weren't quite ready to go when I picked up the first 4 yesterday). I didn't get them online for a high price from some fancy commercial breeder, but I did get them from a guy who cares about his stock and where the bloodlines come from, and he gets his birds from a local racer with well bred birds, so I am hoping mine have some good genes.

Last edited:
I am brand new to pigeons, and just got my first ones yesterday, which are 4 homing squeakers about a month old. I pick up 2 more next week (they weren't quite ready to go when I picked up the first 4 yesterday). I didn't get them online for a high price from some fancy commercial breeder, but I did get them from a guy who cares about his stock and where the bloodlines come from, and he gets his birds from a local racer with well bred birds, so I am hoping mine have some good genes.

Congratulations on being a pigeon owner! They are beautiful and look healthy! And it looks like you made them a nice place to live.
smile.png
I hope they turn out to be great breeders and racers!

Congratulations on being a pigeon owner! They are beautiful and look healthy! And it looks like you made them a nice place to live.
smile.png
I hope they turn out to be great breeders and racers!

Thank you! I hope so too! I think my loft is good for about 12-15 total, and while I expect I might lose some to hawks and such, once I get to around the 15 mark I will likely try to give squeakers away--I just hope I will be able to find them good homes! Picture of the loft I built them is below.

Thank you! I hope so too! I think my loft is good for about 12-15 total, and while I expect I might lose some to hawks and such, once I get to around the 15 mark I will likely try to give squeakers away--I just hope I will be able to find them good homes! Picture of the loft I built them is below.

Will it fit that many? It looks very nice!
thumbsup.gif
Where are you located?

Will it fit that many? It looks very nice!
thumbsup.gif
Where are you located?

To be quite honest with you, I'm not sure if it will fit that many, it was just a guess. The loft itself is 4'x4', and the aviary is about 3'x1.5' x3' tall. It has 8 large nest boxes that are big enough to probably be divided and doubled (but I have no intention of doing that). (It has 9 v perches and 3 normal perches, so total of 12 perches. I was thinking it could hold a dozen pigeons comfortably, but I'm really not sure, I'm new to this. I hear many mixed opinions.

I am in SE Michigan.

Last edited:

They do look like well-bred racers. Many fanciers seem to be generous with new-comers to the sport! I bet he shared some good birds.

They all have dark eyes? I've heard they are dark when young and lighten with age?

Those pigeons are beautiful! I agree that they look really young and healthy! You did an excellent choice in picking the breeder!

To be quite honest with you, I'm not sure if it will fit that many, it was just a guess. The loft itself is 4'x4', and the aviary is about 3'x1.5' x3' tall. It has 8 large nest boxes that are big enough to probably be divided and doubled (but I have no intention of doing that). (It has 9 v perches and 3 normal perches, so total of 12 perches. I was thinking it could hold a dozen pigeons comfortably, but I'm really not sure, I'm new to this. I hear many mixed opinions.

I am in SE Michigan.
Okay! I suppose eventually you can always add on to fit more pigeons!
big_smile.png
It sounds like it could probably hold 12!

Awesome! I'm in Western Minnesota.

Back
Top Bottom